HR owners - need your help. Hit from behind, is this normal?

EvansJD2112

So, on the way home tonight and slowing down towards a roundabout a car hit the car behind me who then went into me.

Luckily, the guy behind had left a decent gap so not much damage to mine - just an imprint of his number plate

m22jde.jpg

The other two are much worse

For my own peace of mind, can someone confirm that this picture is 'normal' That is, the shape?

Taken underneath the car with the exhaust on the bottom, looking up

Pretty sure it's OK as the bump was not that hard and exhaust etc all look fine.

WP_20140715_005.jpg

Cheers

Edited by EvansJD2112

If I was you I'd go to the full editor version for your thread and edit the title to read "HR owners need your input".

Might get some help from them then. :thumbs:

Always wondered how people updated the title of their posts.

Thanks

• Like 1

^^ That's not good news then. :byebye:

Try zmanalex maybe Jon to see if he has any second hand crash bars ~ unused of course. Will be cheaper than Nissan. :thumbs:

Edit: But if it's going through the Insurance then just whatever they say ~ hopefully your premium won't go up next year.

Edited by GMballistic

^^ That's not good news then. :byebye:

Try zmanalex maybe Jon to see if he has any second hand crash bars ~ unused of course. Will be cheaper than Nissan. :thumbs:

Edit: But if it's going through the Insurance then just whatever they say ~ hopefully your premium won't go up next year.

Will do, cheers.

Will prob go through insurance as it was not my fault.

Your fault or not your premiums WILL increase! Sorry brother

One of the benefits of being >45, the cost of insurance is very reasonable for the Z even with my mods.

And so far very impressed with Sky so far. Car being collected Tuesday the Z is being collected and an 'equivalent' hire car dropped off.

• 2 weeks later...

Really happy to have my Z back this morning, the loan Audi A5 S-line was OK but boring!

Must say, really impressed with Sky Insurance and Kindertons Accident Management. Was a very simple, quick and painless process.

How she looks now

WP_20140730_0071.jpg

• Like 2