What was your first (worst) car

janz70

Ok, I'll start the ball rolling

Mine was a £300 S reg Chrysler Alpine - beat that :scare:

but I do have some fond memories of that piece a crap - like when the gearbox fell off it on the way to Whitby :lol:

Oh and it was a nice off white colour with a black vinyl roof and wait for it - a nice brown / burnt orange interior :scare::yuck:

Jesus, I must have been colour blind B)

Possibly the worst designed car ever, a TR7. Pop up headlights failed numerous times. Three cylinder head failures. Not a shock.

Take a marina gearbox, an overworked 2 litre engine. Cobble them together and call it a sports car.

I used to share it with the local garage 1 month with me, the next with them.

:headhurt:

Two opeions:

1. 1978 1300cc Lada!!!

Bright green - any I mean BRIGHT GREEN.

Russian build quality with 60s Italian "style".

Nice :blush::blush::blush:

2. 1976ish Lancia 2.0 HPE Coupe

2 litre twin cam, sporty looking and the biggest pile of rust you ever saw.

Even the floor pan rusted out above the exhaust routing.

The car that did for Lancia in the UK???

It was not mine, but rallying in a Mosvitch in the 70's was :scare:y :scare:y :scare:y, although the abuse it took including the odd roll or two with its centre of gravity about 2zillion feet high, didn't exactly make for a comfortable ride!

A B reg Ford Orion. Handed down from my dad who still charged me £1k...... :scare:

Ran well but rust took it's toll and not cost effective to repair so had to goto the scrappy. Several months later got a call from the police to say it was abandoned on some road so interested to here of the scrapyard I left it at.

I knew it was too good to give up...........

In the mid 1970's I bought a 1968 Alfa Romeo 1300 GTV. The engine blew up and I couldn't find a 2nd hand one anywhere so I ended up putting a 1750 in it which made it worth less because it wasn't original anymore. And then the thing starting to fall apart with rust. The best thing about it was the handling. A good chassis, RWD and an LSD - way to go.

First was an E reg Metro 1.0 City X!! But that wasn't the worst - that honour goest to a B plate 1.3 Mk1 Astra - poo brown with beige interior.

Snapped the CV joints and it then sat on my Mum & Dad's drive for 12months while I had big plans for it - Cossie rear wing and everything! I'm glad I never had the money to do it!!!!! :scare: It ended going to the scrappy for 20quid.

Worst car was an E plate Nova SR that I used as a jalopy. It was quick, big carb and god knows what else. It had been painted white on top of silver paint and hardly any of the electrics worked. It was fast though.... :teeth: