Dynamat

Baidan

Wouldn't bother with Dynamat, it's very overpriced. I think Dynamat is 1.6mm thick whereas Silent Coat is 1.7mm thick and cheaper. Then there's Skinz which is 2 or 3mm thick and cheaper again.

They're all made of the same material, you're just paying for some branding :)

I have the optional thicker 350Z boot carpet with the thinner original 350Z boot carpet underneath and tbh I don't notice any road noise worth complaining about. :thumbs:

Well between the Cobra and having the radio on it still sounds bad to me, hardly surprising as there little/no sound proofing, my last car (CLK, no I’m not a hair dresser..) was very quiet maybe that’s why I find it so noticeable, plus the roads on my daily commute (Leicester city centre) are rubbish. I found a few links on line, once done makes the car feel solid, so I`ll probs go ahead and do it soon.

Cheers

To date have 4 packs for half price £20 each, and one for a tenner.. If I can will take picks when I get round to it as I can't find any threads on here regarding it.

Definitely do that. I'm sure some of the other 370Z owners would be very interested. :thumbs:

Wouldn't bother with Dynamat, it's very overpriced. I think Dynamat is 1.6mm thick whereas Silent Coat is 1.7mm thick and cheaper. Then there's Skinz which is 2 or 3mm thick and cheaper again.

They're all made of the same material, you're just paying for some branding :)

True but dynamat won't really help. Add mass helps with stopping rattles and vibration. If you want to stop road noise get some MLV or some CCfoam or dynaliner. Will do a much much better job of blocking road noise. there was a thread of this guy plastering dynamat everywhere. Made only a little difference to road noise. Applied a barrier like dynaliner over it and it was silent.

• 3 weeks later...

I know everybody likes a nice sounding exhaust and mine is but im not trying to blow my trumpet or anything and it was nice to begin with however my exhaust is so noisey can hardly here myself think inside my car.

Does anybody know a good way of reducing the noise inside the car to block the exhaust noise out?

Hi, I’ve yet to get around to adding the sound proofing but from threads I’ve read on here and others it will help with road noise and exhaust, plus music will sound better and may be able to be heard when on the phone!!, I’ve also got the thicker mat which I’ve added ,helped a little too.

• 5 months later...

I only had the flimsy mat and the road noise drove me mad.

I was sceptical of the dynamat solution as I know it's properties having used it on ice installs.

So, what I did was ... chatted up local carpet centre for a thick offcut piece of carpet underlay.

Using the bootmat as a template, I cut the underlay slightly inside the lines (so you can't see it) and used a tack spray to make a tacky surface that helps stick it to the boot without it fully attaching permanently. I fitted it under the plastic trim where possible and sprayed the top surface with tack spray so the OEM boot carpet sits on top without sliding about.

90% improvement. Outlay - free. Time - about an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

I only had the flimsy mat and the road noise drove me mad.

I was sceptical of the dynamat solution as I know it's properties having used it on ice installs.

So, what I did was ... chatted up local carpet centre for a thick offcut piece of carpet underlay.

Using the bootmat as a template, I cut the underlay slightly inside the lines (so you can't see it) and used a tack spray to make a tacky surface that helps stick it to the boot without it fully attaching permanently. I fitted it under the plastic trim where possible and sprayed the top surface with tack spray so the OEM boot carpet sits on top without sliding about.

90% improvement. Outlay - free. Time - about an hour.

What a genius idea!!! So your underlay is just below the boot carpet? I thought perhaps putting it right down the bottom.touching the metal bodywork will stop.it at the source?

Any pics?