Hand Brake

nath8642

I know before people start saying there is post before if you read but i have been reading and im at work so if i've missed it thats why i havent got my full attention.

However am hoping there is a previouse thread with a good explanation somebody can link me to with pictures preferably.

My problem is like most Zed's from what i have gathered is the handbrake is loose the cable hasnt snapped as there is some drag in it however i have an automatic so i place it in park and there isn't really a problem however M.O.T is coming up soon and im sure i will fail for it.

Everytime i pull the handbrake to park there is no friction as you will at all the car will roll away. i was hoping for a good thread with pictures that shows the directions of tightening the handbrake myself if thats what needs doing any help is much appriciated.

Thanks

You need to adjust the rear shoes first - take the rear wheels off there should be a black rubber grommet on the disk - remove it.

Then the fun game is lining it up with the adjuster - should be roughly top center, with a screwdriver turn the adjuster until the rear disk starts to bind, then loosen 2 clicks - thats it handbrake should be good for all of 2 or 3 days :lol:

They never stay good for long - the handbrake is a common complaint.

Just for the uninitiated - the handbrake has nothing to do with the rear calipers it is an independent drum brake with 2 shoes built into the inside back of the rear disk :thumbs:

Hope it helps - no idea if there is a guide on here though :shrug:

Edited by Keyser

• 8 months later...