Steering Wheel

SiriusProjects

You will need to ensure you get the correct Boss for a 350z.

Nardi, momo etc all do aftermarket steering wheels. Pick the design you like then pick the correct boss.

Just remember you'll likely be without an airbag.

Most people go for detachable steering wheels, if that's the route you want to go down check out this thread.

http://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/423162-aftermarket-hub-qr-and-steering-wheel-install-diy.html

+1 I run a slim line NRG boss and quick release with a deep dish wheel. Looks much better IMO and it's easier to get in and out of the car. Haha.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Sounds pretty positive, so I think I might give it a go.

Just to clarify, will the type of aftermarket steering wheel I go for, have a bearing on what Boss I will require or are all these pretty much the same?

Also, can anyone recommend a good stockist for the bosses?

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Sounds pretty positive, so I think I might give it a go.

Just to clarify, will the type of aftermarket steering wheel I go for, have a bearing on what Boss I will require or are all these pretty much the same?

Also, can anyone recommend a good stockist for the bosses?

Thanks.

I used Demon Tweeks for mine when I changed the steering wheel on my old Impreza.

If you do get a new steering wheel I have to recommend this one ~ Momo Jet 320mm (in black with carbon fibre inserts).

Link: http://caraudiosecurity.com/momo-jet-320mm-steering-wheel

By far the best steering wheel I have ever held in my two hands. Without a doubt this is the wheel I'd get again if I changed mine. B):thumbs:

I have just changed mine and I agree one of the best mods as that's what your holding, feels much better and def worth doing. I used a hkb boss from drift works but you need to pick your wheel then get the correct fitting boss. If you have a look on drift works at the hkb boss it will tell you what make wheels fit it. If you need any more info pm me.

Does the boss come with all the fixtures as well? Screws, etc.

Like your thinking by the way GMBallistic. I have looked at the Momo Jet steering wheel and with the carbon effect inserts, it would fit in well with the other carbon effect areas on my dash.

I have seen that Momo do standard bosses, do they do a quick release kit too?

Edited by SiriusProjects

Fairly certain that NRG products are compatable with Momo. You should consider a slim boss if you are going for quick release as it all adds to the depth of the set up (ie closer to the driver). For example I bought the quick release set up for the standard boss kit I had. With the OMP deep dish steering wheel it sat far to close to me, the steering wheel was up aroud by my ears! Had to invest in a slim boss.

Does the boss come with all the fixtures as well? Screws, etc.

Like your thinking by the way GMBallistic. I have looked at the Momo Jet steering wheel and with the carbon effect inserts, it would fit in well with the other carbon effect areas on my dash.

I have seen that Momo do standard bosses, do they do a quick release kit too?

A momo handbrake cover would look good along with a gear knob, they do both with carbon inserts to match ;)

Sent from the golf club...