I am getting i want a motorbike again itch!!

Beavis

After holding a full licence since 1982 I really want to get my hands on a bike once again. I used to love the muscle bikes from the 80's and this really appeals to me. Am I mad at 50 years of age? I love the big eddie Lawson styled Kawasaki's in green and I am currently looking a 1100/1200 zrx's like the one pictured below. It would be for a sunny sunday use only and so would keep the zed company in my garage.

media_zpse7443e5f.jpg

• Like 1

you're a long time dead.... go for it! they're cheap to run so why not, even if you only use it once a month!! there's nothing like it. I posted on here when I bought my first bike a year and a half ago, harley 883 iron and have loved it ever since. even if everyone told me not to get it for my first bike as I will 'drop' it and trash it!! touch wood I haven't yet

I did this just before I hit 40, bought a sensible SV650 for a year to get used to biking again as it had been a while then got the ultimate toy I could never afford before, a brand new GSXR750, and it was my pride and joy BUT!!!! i found i just didnt use it as much as I wanted, if it wasnt the weather, the family, work etc. getting in the way when I did go out on it I was so aware of all the other tw*ts on the road, the terrible state of the roads that I spent more time looking for potholes than enjoying the riding (and mine was just a weekend bike too)

3e2equ9u.jpg

I was a 100% biker as a lad (in fact didnt even get a car until i had been riding for a couple of years, but as an older (and hopefully wiser and more interested in my longeviety) I can honestly say I just didnt get the same fun factor/pleasure out of it, and ultimately got rid this year and replaced it with the Zed!

I would say if you do it get something cheap/cheerful and then if you really do use it and enjoy it get something that you really want next year.

Edited by nictry

My uncle has a ZRX 1100 in the Eddie Lawson colours, its immaculate. Its quite a big big with loads of torque. I have a FZ1 I bought in Feb this year, was standard apart from the seat. Only plan was to put original seat on it. However, ............

Day I bought It:

fazer1.jpg

It now looks like:

5E266857-A94C-4C25-B5EB-CCE00996B5F6.jpg

• Like 1

Go for it if you want one. Mine sits in the garage most of the time but it's nice to know it's there if I fancy a blast. I've just taxed and mot'd my gsxr1000 ready for my Europe trip in a few weeks!

u9a9a9yh.jpg

Edited by ZEUS
  • Like 1

My Mate has just got one of these . . .

bg_slice01min.jpg

He's not far off 70yrs old . . . so your never to old.

BTW . . he says this is the most epic bike he has ever had B) . . and he's had a few (R1's, GSX's etc)

• Like 1

After holding a full licence since 1982 I really want to get my hands on a bike once again. I used to love the muscle bikes from the 80's and this really appeals to me. Am I mad at 50 years of age? I love the big eddie Lawson styled Kawasaki's in green and I am currently looking a 1100/1200 zrx's like the one pictured below. It would be for a sunny sunday use only and so would keep the zed company in my garage.

media_zpse7443e5f.jpg

Good bikes - my mate has exact same as the pic 1100 version? (although a hell of a lot muckier), the other has silver half faired version 1200?. A few points that'll help you if you buy one. Check front brakes - they seize very easy if not cleaned, the carbs hate getting left for any length of time with fuel in them (gunge up), turn rear wheel adjuster 180 degrees - raises the back end a bit and they turn in so much better (cost you nothing to do).

However check insurance before buying. My other Mate who married an evil witch and sold his bike 4 years ok, has decided to buy another now his divorse is through.

Now he is 42, been riding bikes since 18 on the road and only not had a bike for last four years (so no NCB). Looked at a 2k 929 fireblade.......quoted 8700 to insure it!!!! Mental.

My R1 costs me 120 quid.....go figure??

Edited by aidan