Another hopeful Z owner just needing a little guidance

Hi guys, a long time reader of this forum and I have to say, the information on here has been invaluable in a two year on and off search for my dream car :thumbs:

After just coming out of a long and painful divorce, the time has come to make the move and to go for it. To be honest, ive been a Mercedes person for many years, and I was actually in Leeds with my son when I saw a Z for the first time and instantly fell in love :throb: Since then I have not been able to get this car out of my system.

Anyway, I actually went to a dealer in Huddersfield in the middle of last year to test drive one and it felt like i'd driven it all my life. Deep down I was hoping that it would be awful so it would put me off, but of course the drive was like nothing else ive ever driven. After the test drive of course I sat down with the salesman and was so close to placing an order but the lack of confidence stopped me at the last minute. More fool me, I let another year go by but have now settled nicely into my new home and like I said before, the time is right to go out there and do the right thing.

So onto what I went to look at yesterday. I got my son to have a look around on the net to see what was on offer, I decided not to go down the road of buying a brand new one but have set aside around 23k to buy the best one possible. After many hours of searching we finally came across this one http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/jdtmotors/search.cfm (3rd one down) Like I said we went to view the car yesterday and am very impressed with the condition and spec, seems to have just about every option available, which is probably reflected in the price. I am also impressed by the mileage that the car has done but also a little cautious as it is a 3 year old car. Apparently the guy who he is selling it for had a hit in the 70s but can't remember the name now. He also has an X5 and a Gallardo so he only used the Z as a weekend car. So really I suppose I am asking you guys for a second opinion on the price of the car and is there any alternative routes?. I have no knowledge on cars whatsoever but this particular one just seems to be screaming at me.

Thanks in advance :D

Hi and welcome to the forum. That is a quality first post. :thumbs: The car looks lovely and very low milage but i cant help but think its a little over priced for the year, but i might be wrong. Anyhow the zed is a great car and this is a great forum, you so far are making the right choice's :thumbs: I am sure the guys will be along shortly to give you some good advice. :D

Welcome tilly :thumbs:

Like Beavis says its a bit pricey for the age :)

Also it would have run out of warranty by now so could be costly if there are any initial problems.

For something in your price range i would be looking for something like an 06 model which boasts better interior, 300bhp and plenty of nissan warranty and also the engine note is a little different than an 04 model :teeth:

I have to say though, i can see why your taken by the car in your link B)

but i do think you could by an 06 and have change to fit a nismo kit :thumbs:

:welcome: Tilly

Like it's been said previously the car is overpriced, I myself would go a little further and say it's way, way overpriced....but if you really like it whats a few thousand pounds :)

One thing for sure you wont regret buying a Zed whichever one you buy, just make sure it's a good one :D

Hi Tilly! Welcome.

The car looks lovely but I have to agree its overpriced (and out of its warranty!).

My advice would be to look for a MY06 model, or even a GT4 (with the same engine). There's an Ultra Yellow one being advertised on the forums for around £19 and I'd say it is a bargain.

Cheers

JohnK

Hi Tilly. Welcome to the site! :thumbs:

I can't really disagree with what the others have said here. Personally, at that price I would be wantin g plenty of warranty remaining even if there are more miles but as someone said, if you've fallen in love with this one you may be prepared to pay the extra.

Have a look in our For Sale section and take a look on Pistonheads. If anything else takes your fancy post it up and we'll all rattle on as if we know something about it. ;)

I also delayed/procrastinated for 18 months before taking the plunge and deeply regret it now, so don't waste any more time - you won't regret it! :teeth:

PS Moved to Intros. :thumbs:

Morning al, thanks for all of the welcomes and comments, my names Linda by the way, Tilly was a name that an old friend used to call me many years ago :lol:

I actually went to a dealer in Keighley last month to view a yellow GT4, but have always vowed to never get a yellow car and unfortunately that didn't change, although it did look beautiful. So for me the colour has to be sunset as its a colour not seen much on the roads.

Ive got to say I have fallen for this car and have done a few searches and have struggled to find something similar to this one. The car has to have the nismo kit as it gives the looks a little extra something. I am actually going to Whales tomorrow so will be passing the dealer on the way there and will pop in for a test drive. He did say the price was negotiable to a certain extent so any advice on that front would be much appreciated :thumbs:

Also, when on the test drive and inspection, what common faults should I be looking for? For example the clicking back Axel that I have heard about on this forum and also the jumping stereo.

Thanks again for all the help and advice :thumbs:

Morning al, thanks for all of the welcomes and comments, my names Linda by the way, Tilly was a name that an old friend used to call me many years ago :lol:

I actually went to a dealer in Keighley last month to view a yellow GT4, but have always vowed to never get a yellow car and unfortunately that didn't change, although it did look beautiful. So for me the colour has to be sunset as its a colour not seen much on the roads.

Ive got to say I have fallen for this car and have done a few searches and have struggled to find something similar to this one. The car has to have the nismo kit as it gives the looks a little extra something. I am actually going to Whales tomorrow so will be passing the dealer on the way there and will pop in for a test drive. He did say the price was negotiable to a certain extent so any advice on that front would be much appreciated :thumbs:

Also, when on the test drive and inspection, what common faults should I be looking for? For example the clicking back Axel that I have heard about on this forum and also the jumping stereo.

Thanks again for all the help and advice :thumbs:

Have a look at this Linda. :)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86

:welcome:

Have to agree with everyone else, that cars far too expensive, should be more like £19k if you ask me. Also I'm not overly keen on that front splitter :blush:

The one at the top of this page looks a corking deal!! 55 plate uk car for less than £19k!!!!

here

:teeth:

Sunset :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Welcome to the forum :yahoo:

Can't really add to the guys comments, good luck in the search.

Only thing I would add is if you are going to go for one out of Warranty check service history etc and if any known issues have been addressed such as the squeaking axle.