350z vs Boxster S

SunGodRA

Hi guys - well it's Friday afternoon and everyone in the office is bored and we are once again talking about cars! One of the guys here has a Porsche Boxster S and thinks he could take my 350z on a track - before I book a track for a morning and possibly suffer a humiliation - what do you think??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys - well it's Friday afternoon and everyone in the office is bored and we are once again talking about cars! One of the guys here has a Porsche Boxster S and thinks he could take my 350z on a track - before I book a track for a morning and possibly suffer a humiliation - what do you think??

I've borrowed a Boxster S ..you'd kill him :teeth:

The Boxter S is 295bhp (if its a new one), and weighs less. Never driven one, so cant comment - though on paper I think it stands a fair chance of beating a Z.

If you both pull up outside a hair salon on the way back though, you wouldnt be the one who looked like an employee...

See Baptists new car for a real porsche. ;)

I can confidently say that you will take the boxter assuming similar driving skills. The roads around here are full of them and some have tried but none has succeeded. Just to make you more confident I have a roadster which is heavier, the blast of the Nismo as you pass them is the icing on the cake.

Also get most of my mods done at the porker garage and the salemen dont like zeds ;)

Hate to say it but I think the Porsche would take this. The driver won't have as much fun, it won't look or sound as good but I think for a pure lap time it would shade it. Now in a drifting competition....... :teeth:

Actually whilst we are on about pub talk car stats, what kind of cars would a 350Z MY06 model be able to beat in a straight line, say whilst on the move not standing starts?

Or alternatively what cars have you 'done' in a straight line? All on a private road of course.

G

Done a few caymans too. Maybe its about knowing your car, I am used to what the zed can do so am confident I can drive it to the limits if needed. B)

Theres a lot more in driver skill than people realise usually. Also the Zed is more of an enthusiasts car than people buying it for the name as with Boxsters/Caymans, so Zed owners tend to know there stuff a bit more. Thats not to say that all Zed owners are the best drivers in the world, and all Boxster owners are rubbish, but the vast majority of them are hair dressers :p:teeth:

That is of course except for when you are up against an Evo. The computer on board them can launch a space shuttle and will take any sort of crap driver and make them good!

Looking at all of the performance figures between the Z and the Boxter S, there is no way either car can destroy the other, well especially not in a straight line.

I love the Z and will be picking one up in the next week or so but with some realism thrown into the equation, I don't for one second think that I'll be showing up and Cockster S.

End of the day both are excellent cars with good performance.

G

End of the day both are excellent cars with good performance.

But one is a Boxter :wacko:

True, although in the right hands it would easily be able to tackle a 350Z.....

Not saying I'd have one mind as I really don't like the car and the image that goes along with it, I'm just saying that both cars have good performance across the range.

G

I think it all depends on the track you race at on, if there are alot of straights then the boxter (not even going to call it a porsche) may have the edge as it will take advantage of its top end better, but on corners and lower end torque I think the Z will pull it back. I definatly wouldnt buy a Boxster S over a Z though, as the Z looks far better. Now Baptists car, thats a different story, got to say Im even liking it more than Sarnies and thats shocked me as I love lambos :blush:

got to say Im even liking it more than Sarnies and thats shocked me as I love lambos :blush:

Wash your mouth out! :surrender:

lol Sarnie dont get me wrong yours is the nuts really is, but Baptists modified car is surreal, I was thinking about it all last night whilst out up town, and Ive come to the realisation that I want that fo my next car :thumbs: but a gt3 version in white with the 997 turbo wheels same as Baptist and Baptist bodykit B) Even got his car as my screensaver its phat :thumbs: