Lost horses bhp

Zhorno

Just wondering , iv got a 54 plate zed standard is like 276 bhp, the people that have had tuning done how many horses were lost . I'm guessing it's put on dyno before and after tuning so should have some idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm now 264 at the hubs and Abbey got an extra 17 with the uprev plenum and exhaust which put me about 295 at the fly now so not bad with 120k but I've heard Nissan were very optimistic with the de although stats say 276 they rarely came close

Edited by StevoD

I shudder to think what mine is running....it feels so slow at the moment. Where would be the best place for me to go get a dyno/ remap? I live around Wycome, but I want to take it somewhere that knows Z's...

mine was done at Horsham, 04 plate 286 bhp before remap 302bhp after, mods done D cat, plenum.

Sounds like an optimistic dyno?

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Every car is different after all.

Mine's a 2003 which on the same dyno at Horsham made 294.3bhp after an UpRev ~ mods: Invidia Gemini exhaust system, Berks HFC's, Stillen air intake and H.Dev plenum spacer.

Power is rated at the flywheel on their dyno remember ~ power will be less at the hubs. :thumbs:

I'd love to know but also hate to find out.

04 plate with 186K on it...who knows how many ponies have escaped over the years.

All I know is that from wales I was able to keep fair pace with BBK, Octet and Darren leading the way in front of me and that will do me for now! Though you could see the pulling difference between my early DE and Dips HR through the mid-top end, plus I think they were taking it steady as our average speed was only 2000mph :lol:

I'd love to know but also hate to find out.

04 plate with 186K on it...who knows how many ponies have escaped over the years.

All I know is that from wales I was able to keep fair pace with BBK, Octet and Darren leading the way in front of me and that will do me for now! Though you could see the pulling difference between my early DE and Dips HR through the mid-top end, plus I think they were taking it steady as our average speed was only 2000mph :lol:

Wow that's quite a lot of mileage, good to know my Z should be good to go for a good few years yet (90K) if well looked after :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

i've got an 04 DE too and I got 257 HP at the hubs after an Uprev remap with full Milltek exhaust, Motordyne Plenum Spacer, Berk HFCs and HKS panel filter at Abbey MS which I think was pretty good. Unfortunately never dyno'd the car before all the mods were done but I would guestimate I gained about 25 HP overall and the flywheel HP is about 290-295ish HP. Factor in your zed probably loses a horse or two a year and I feel quite happy with that. :)

I shudder to think what mine is running....it feels so slow at the moment. Where would be the best place for me to go get a dyno/ remap? I live around Wycome, but I want to take it somewhere that knows Z's...

I used Horsham Developments in Newbury the other day for my Skyline, Jez knows his Nissans inside out (there were two 350z there when I turned up) - he can give you an at the wheels and at the fly readout on your BHP as well so you can see how much you are losing through the transmission. Jez will do what you ask, give great advice and didn't in any way try to up-sell anything which has happened at other garages which annoys me.

• Like 1