10years of driving and my first speeding ticket...

SkylineV35

Basically, the nature of driving is dangerous. Doesn't matter how fast you drive or where, there's always an element of danger. A good driver knows where they should be driving appropriately and where it's safer to drop the hammer. And before someone asks me to define "appropriate" use your common sense. Obviously @ 3pm near a school is not the best place to do doughnuts around the lolly-pop lady.

• Like 2

People need to stop speeding in stupid places.

i agree and always slow in built up areas and villages

but when your on the open road and there sat in there little van now thats anoying :rant:

But sitting there in the "little van" generates the pennies :D

Exactly....and there does seem to have been a bit of a fundraising scheme in operation of late.

but when your on the open road and there sat in there little van now thats anoying :rant:

Exactly....and there does seem to have been a bit of a fundraising scheme in operation of late.

Up our way all the police are under the same governing body - so not separate countys / regions.

Now all revenue generated by traffic fines gets funneled back into the police service. Thats fine by me, and its as it should be.

Fines raised will go towards better policing etc etc - so crime drops.

Emmm, maybe.

Cant say I have noticed more police / beat plod around - but the traffic cops defo have better cars!

And I'm sure at the annual yearly briefing on budgets - no one mentions go out and generate some easy revenue!!!

Before I get shot down in flames - you break the law - you pay the fines.

BUT

When was the last time anyone saw traffic cops in the rain cracking down on speed (where obviously speeding is even more dangerous in poor weather conditions)?

Maybe police up my way are just fair weathered cops.

Edited by aidan

Up our way all the police are under the same governing body - so not separate countys / regions.

Now all revenue generated by traffic fines gets funneled back into the police service. Thats fine by me, and its as it should be.

Fines raised will go towards better policing etc etc - so crime drops.

Emmm, maybe.

Cant say I have noticed more police / beat plod around - but the traffic cops defo have better cars!

And I'm sure at the annual yearly briefing on budgets - no one mentions go out and generate some easy revenue!!!

Before I get shot down in flames - you break the law - you pay the fines.

BUT

When was the last time anyone saw traffic cops in the rain cracking down on speed (where obviously speeding is even more dangerous in poor weather conditions)?

Maybe police up my way are just fair weathered cops.

Yeah iv been watching police interceptors and I must say they have upgraded alot since lol

Good. I don't want a police force with cars so crap they can't chase bad guys, or ones that keep breaking down and require a fortune in upkeep, nor ones that depreciate like a stone and are worth 2p by the end of their active life.

Our BiB deserve the proper kit.

What is the percentage of bad guys that try to outrun the cops?? Very few....and the ones that do have a lot to lose so have no reason to stop. And if it gets too serious with speeds, the BiB will back off.

Bring back Morris 1000s....and divert all the other cash into dropping crime rate. A few more PCs on the street over the weekend, or another new 335i WITH ALL the options to crack down on 70mph in a 60?

Seriously though - twice last year my families cars where given small dunks by overseas registered cars. Luckily no one was injured and was all settled (with cash) amicably. BUT what happens when an injury occurs?

Concentrate more on roadside inspections / stops....., and less on those who just broach over the speed limit.

Obviously 45 in a 30 next to a school should be curtailed, but getting uninsured, unroadworthy, and unlicensed cars off the roads would be my first priority (for the traffic boys) too. But then the crunch is that this would bring in very little revenue. Unfortunately not the Cop on the streets fault - just the way of the world today.

Enuff said - as getting way off the original OPs topic.

Edited by aidan
  • Like 1

Who said anything about outright speed? It should be well balanced so that a good pursuit driver can make progress, and it needs to not be French and fall apart. A 335i with a few options (not sure where you get the idea that they fully-load them from) is a much better bet financially too, as although it costs twice as much as other choices it loses less when it comes to sell.

Truth is, if everybody stopped speeding in silly places then they wouldn't bother targeting folks. If you speed in places where the cops can sit and catch you with ease, then you're part of the problem. Well, not you specifically Aidan, but you know what I mean.

I went to police station to try pay but they said I can do an Awareness Course? Has anyone else done this? Does it substitute the fine and points? or do you have to pay fine and course?

Thanks

You are such a disappointment.. I hereby propose :ban:

I went to police station to try pay but they said I can do an Awareness Course? Has anyone else done this? Does it substitute the fine and points? or do you have to pay fine and course?

Thanks

You are such a disappointment.. I hereby propose :ban:

ooo...thats harsh :surrender:

• Like 1