What part is this?

Bigfish

Hey guys spent most of today cleaning, polishing, playing with it as it was my first day off since i got it! Finding all kinds of little secret compartments and stuff like that, you know just getting to know the new toy ;) ... Unfortunatly I think i played with the electric seats a little too much as the seat back incline switch now doesnt work :( i can tilt her fowards but not back, so have to see about getting that fixed... its in an ok position ATM but i know myself, its like a big red button "DO NOT PRESS", its gona get pressed lol....

Also had a good look underneath as you do, a bit or surface rust on the exhaust brackets but from reading the fourm here that seems extremly normal. Also noticed 1 bit behind the read drivers side wheel, not sure what it is TBH so was hopeing some helpful people on here will tell me! lol. Heres a pic;

ECC77A0D-21D3-43C1-B155-08F0EBEA6E1E-2220-000005741D5ED77A_zps8ca71be6.jpg

And yes, 4 new Hankook tyres going on her this coming wed :p

Also one last question, ive always loved cars, but this is my first car im taking real interest in well, because its just awesome, could anyone explain in simple terms the different exhaust systems? Resonated / Non-resonated, the different parts and names from the manifolds down? HFC? Anything there is to know as well as you guessed im extremly knew to the hobby and keen to learn from the best ;)

Sorry for the multi-question filled post lol hope y'all dont mine. Cheers, Matt!

pretty sure it's just to shield the evap emissions canister from the exhaust heat

This methinks. When I had a zorst fitted I'm sure they had to remove it.

Was it a Scorpion system, as this part does indeed need to be removed to fit the Scorpion... :)

Give that man a ciiiiiiiigar!

Exhaust system goes manifolds, cats, Y pipe, mid pipe and rear silencer, resonated means quieter and non resonated is louder, let us know if you want a new exhaust... :lol:

Dont worry ive arleady been scouting out your website :p

pretty sure it's just to shield the evap emissions canister from the exhaust heat

Ahh, so its really nothing super important? ^^ , Cheers for all the replys btw appreciate the help!

Was it a Scorpion system, as this part does indeed need to be removed to fit the Scorpion... :)

I dont think i'd personally take it out completly if it was in the way of an exhaust system as it shields a charcol filter which filters the vapour from the tank so potentially quite volatile i've replaced mine with a smaller ally shield

Welcome Matt. :welcome:

The electric seat switch contacts could just need a good clean ~ other than that if it's broken then you may be able to source a second hand electric seat switch from a trader on here called Alex. This is his area; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/137-zmanalex/

Here's a good "how to" if you do need to replace the switch unit; http://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/527280-diy-power-seat-switch-replacement.html

:thumbs:

• Like 1

I dont think i'd personally take it out completly if it was in the way of an exhaust system as it shields a charcol filter which filters the vapour from the tank so potentially quite volatile i've replaced mine with a smaller ally shield

4 years later and it was still ok the last time I saw the car :lol:

But your right most things are there for a reason