New Compression Arms £70

inspiral

Country of Manufacture: Taiwan.

Province of China.

While yes I totally accept that the quality of these may be unknown highlighting everything coming from Taiwan is of poor quality is not really fair. In fact I'd be suprised if half the average car these days isn't made up of parts soruced from China and Taiwan.

You pay your money and take your chance.

Just like you did on that phone, tablet or laptop you made this post with :)

I'm interested in first hand experiance with these; good or bad.

In a related point as our cars age and reduce in value it's parts like these that'll keep many on the road as current and future owners struggle to justify large amounts on OEM or upgraded parts when the car is only worth a few K. As an ex owner and active member of the Fiat Coupe club the same thing happened there as the car aged and more cars on the road helps to maintain a thriving comunity.

Cheerio.

Well you did say "thoughts anyone" in your original post.

All my posts are based on informed personal experience so please except my comments in the same spirit in which they were given.

If you do not want replies to your questions then why post in the first place? :surrender:

And yes, they are available from a UK supplier who ships direct from Taiwan.

Alex.

Sorry I forgot to say thanks for your reply in previous post, all feedback is welcome. As you say that's the point of the thread.

So anyway joining the dots here from "informed personal experience" to made in Taiwan I guess then you're saying "I've tired them and they aren't any good" ?

Thanks.

I have never personally fitted the Taiwan compression rods however I have inspected them in the past, and decided that they were not an item that I would be comfortable selling on to forum members. The castings, and in particular the ball joint fitment was all inferior to genuine Nissan rods.

As I said in previous post: "You pay your money and take your chance".

It is usually always the case that you get what you pay for.

However please crack on, and be the first and let us all know how it went by posting up your experiences, that is, if you still have your arms and legs intact after your front wheels fall off and you wrap your car round a tree.

I totally get where you are coming from in that older cars sometimes do not justify forking out top dollar for OEM parts from Main Dealers.

Alex.

• Like 1

I think there's a Uk eBay seller with these at about £80. They're probably fine for pootling about but wouldn't be good enough for fast road or track. However, the genuine bushes are available for even less from Clarks or there's the option of polybushes if you wish to upgrade.

• 9 months later...

Just returning to this topic with a mini review.

I found a UK source and ordered an arm.

Initial impressions: very well molded, no obvious flaws and rubber parts looked, errrr, well like rubber. All felt nice and stiff as much as I could tell by hand.

Fit: A doddle to change, went straight into place. Took less than an hour and this was my first one.

Conclusion: Solved my troublesome rattle and notice no difference to handling. Seems durable enough as it's now been on the car 10 months. Considering the price compare to an OEM part it's difficult to argue against using them.

Edited by inspiral

so two months to go before they fail then ?

Oh you pessimist you :p

My previous car, a Fiat Coupe 20vt, had a habit of eating arms. In the twelve years I had it I put three sets on. One set of OEM and two pattern. Which ones lasted the longest ? A pair of pattern ones. Not exactly scientific proof but hey nobody got hurt in the experiment :D

Edited by inspiral
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Been on the car 14 months now and no indication of any issues. While not an indication of ultimate reliability certainly rules out early life failure due to poor materials. IMHO where bushes and joints are concerned any extra movement due to slack tolerances would quickly translate in to quicker wear and failure. I've also had no uneven tyre wear.

I don't do track days but the roads around the city are in shocking condition. Patch upon patch and more craters than the moon. So I guess as reasonable test.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since inspiral replied today, I went to have alook, found the current listing expired, so found their updated one.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350Z-G35-Front-Lower-Rearward-Control-Compression-Arm-Ball-Joint-Right-RH-RF-/221540939798?hash=item3394de7816:g:Q60AAOSwD0lUgfA7&vxp=mtr

5 Years Warranty Included! Think I might take the plunge.