Never been so angry

Dean_1983

That makes my pi55 boil, :angry: you are a very tolerant person, not sure

if I would be so nice to him if he told me it would polish out and he just

tried to drive away.. :rant:

I'm hoping he did much more damage to his car than your Zed. :thumbs:

As above, what is it with BMW and Audi drivers...they are either sitting up your ass or running into you.. :scare::surrender:

Years ago pre zed similar happened to me at the gym car park.

A friend caught someone trying to drive off after denting my wing.

Boxed him in, called me, followed by me and a dozen black belt clad "ninjas" running towards the perp.

We drove him to his flat to prove his ID.

NO INSURANCE!

I took his car off him until I got the quote for repair and the cash off him.

This was in my "young and angry" days though :lol:

Pmsl. :lol: Brilliant. :clap:

You need to get over to Glasgow and help Dean out with this. :thumbs:

Today must have been the idiots day out in Glasgow!! Some tool reversed into me in the tesco filling station at Silverburn! The staff complimented how calm i remained throughout!!! :angry:

Angry does not even describe it!!! Sat holding your horn, while the car reverses a good 3-4m, straight into your drivers door!!!

20140526_162705_zpsbu6eheuw.jpg

• Like 1

Jesus ... That's not polishing out ! Sorry for you mate , it's a horrible feeling having your car damaged :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yer, its a stinker! Its the inconvienience that pisses me off the most! I feel your pain too!

No signed agreement of cash handed over haha! You could easily take the cash, still go through insurance and be £200 up (not that I advise doing this).

Up to you though :)

Think of your karma etc :)

Seriously, gutted for the OP. Would make my blood boil.

I thought what the hell and cracked out the sand paper, rubbing compound and some polish. Took out most of it, but its creased all over the place!!

Still, makes it a little more bearable for the time being.

20140526_191118_zpsjysz9yzi.jpg

It is so frustrating when it happens to your pride and joy. We spend a fortune on maintaining our cars and then some inconsiderate driver causes damage and tries to run! This has happened to me recently, twice! I'm glad you caught the sod in the act, as I didn't. Although one came forward weeks later much to my amazement. £200 isn't much money at all when it comes to body work and I would have requested a full respray for the bumper, depending on colour match it may need to be blended with the wings too? You're fortunate that the headlight wasn't damaged as mine was.....check out the price of one of those bad boys!!

I would consider handing the cash back and contacting their insurance company or yours for professional rectification works. The last thing you want is a cheap job that you are not happy with.

I'm not sure where the you would stand now in terms of insurance seeing as an agreement had been made, money had changed hands and both went their separate ways. There is no proof as such of any sort of transaction but it could get very messy now if the insurance route is followed. I guess the best thing now is hope it gets fixed to its previous standard and that it doesn't cost anymore than £200.

Hey Dean

If you have his reg plate, that's all your insurance Co need (assuming he has insurance) to find his details although not sure how you stand regarding the cash transaction that has already taken place.....might be worth talking it through with your insurance.

Really gutted for you mate (B*! Beamer drivers :angry:), on a brighter note your plasti dip alloys still look awesome B)

I don't see why you have the right for an extra £80

You got a quote , the guy paid the quote and more , you agreed to take it so now it's tough

Because why should he have to have to go though the hassle and hate of having to get it sorted when if the ****wit was able to drive it would never have happened.

If this happened to me and he tried to drive off I'd do EXACTLY the same. Then go though insurance too.

Scum shouldn't get away with it. If he hadn't have caught him the guy would have driven off!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reading this post made me angry. I'm so glad you caught the £u(3r and made him pay up.

I received a door dent on the first day of ownership and she got away in her BMW whilst on the phone too. I literally saw her drive off as I was walking back to the Zed. Getting the door dent guy out on Saturday.

It happened in my work carpark too! I'm on the lookout for her car. I might have to accidently fall into it with my knee out when I do find it :)

Its people like this who make it stressful leaving your car unattended.

god you guys are calm i can put up with almost anything but dont touch my cars, my wife wont even get in a car with me if we go anywhere we take her car she drives she say's i have anger issues i dont see it dont mess with my car

and i'm the nicest person in the world

It's not tough at all ... The cars being inspected tomorrow and if I'm advised it's needing more work than the smart repair that was quoted I will contact my insurer and ask then to take action and mr x will be handed his money back

On the matter of the extra 80 ...30 seconds before this idiot hit my car it had not a mark on it ! Now it needs repairs leaving me with no car for the time it's in the body shop / and needing to drive around in a damaged car for the next week till it goes in !

I have the right to demand the matter is sorted thru the insurance getting the full bumper done and a hire car ! The guy losses some NCD or a life on his protection

I'm hoping the inspection comes back as all clear and the £120 covers it , I can handle not having the car for a day while the repair gets done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk