Very Strange Ebay Ad....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1991-NISSAN-200SX-/261483038796?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ce19a884c

Ok this guy is seriously nuts. He's selling the tidiest S13 I've seen in a long while. Only problem is, you are not allowed to go and view the car before you bid. You must pay the whole amount by paypal as soon as the auction ends. Just have a look at some of the Q&A's at the bottom.

"The person who wins this auction must pay by Paypal after the sale before collecting the Nissan 200SX, no other kind off payment is acceptable such as credit card or cash etc.

The reason for this reminder is because I have had a bidder who thought he could turn up with cash.If this does occur I will refuse to complete the transaction and relist the car again."

Seems like he worried about having cash. If you pay by PayPal and there is something

wrong with the car you can open a dispute with PayPal and they wont release the funds to him

so he's better off with cash, taking a bigger risk using PayPal, open a dispute and keep the car.. :scare: :scare:

He's changed his mind now - there are a series of additional comments he's added. Now he prefers cheque :lol:

WHAT..A cheque, he's asking to get knocked... :lol: :lol:

When cleared he will release the car as I understand it.

• Like 1

He's changed his mind now - there are a series of additional comments he's added. Now he prefers cheque :lol:

WHAT..A cheque, he's asking to get knocked... :lol: :lol:

When cleared he will release the car as I understand it.

Why dosen't he just have the buyer do a Bank Transfer... :scare: :scare:

• Like 1

Seller sounds like some sort of weirdo to be honest. Doesnt want anyone to view the car before buying, wont take cash. Very strange. If he`s worried about dodgy notes, surely he can use one of those pens, or just go down the bank with the buyer and pay the cash straight in.

Seems like he worried about having cash. If you pay by PayPal and there is something

wrong with the car you can open a dispute with PayPal and they wont release the funds to him

so he's better off with cash, taking a bigger risk using PayPal, open a dispute and keep the car.. :scare: :scare:

I would be wary - Their is a well known scam where the seller requests that the sale only be undertaken through paypal and that a courier would collect the car. They have asked no details about the car other than agreeing to pay the full price. - I will try and dig out some details.

Hhhmm after reading all this and the eBay ad two things come to my mind;

Either ~ he's a scammer or imo, more likely he's just an older gent who doesn't want to get fleeced or have loads of random people coming to view the car.

I would be wary - Their is a well known scam where the seller requests that the sale only be undertaken through paypal and that a courier would collect the car. They have asked no details about the car other than agreeing to pay the full price. - I will try and dig out some details.

I had this when selling my two previous cars. I had about 3-4 different people saying they were interested in which I replied to. I then got an instant email back which was clearly automated in very bad English. Basically every reply said something in the region of how they would like to pay the full amount via PayPal - A courier would come collect - No need to view as they trust my description is correct. As soon as I had taken my email address off the advert I then had no further bother.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had this when selling my two previous cars. I had about 3-4 different people saying they were interested in which I replied to. I then got an instant email back which was clearly automated in very bad English. Basically every reply said something in the region of how they would like to pay the full amount via PayPal - A courier would come collect - No need to view as they trust my description is correct. As soon as I had taken my email address off the advert I then had no further bother.

Think this guy is pretty genuine (good feedback) just naive . :scare: :scare:

Think this guy is pretty genuine (good feedback) just naive . :scare: :scare:

I think he is genuine but his conditions match what these dodgy fake buyers are offering to do. So If anything it's him that needs to be more careful :scare:

Very paranoid, but he does have to understand from a buyers point of view. Would he pay upfront in cash only to find a blown headgasket etc? I'm all for people not taking the **** and picking niggly faults (which you'd get on any 30 odd year old car) and trying to drive the price down. But there could be a glaring emission from his listing. Where would the buyer stand then?

Personally I'd just turn upto his house, check the car over and send him the money then via the paypal app.

Can't see how bidders aren't put off by this and have gone upto 2K.

I sold mine for 700 quid a few years back. Needed a bit of a tidy up but was unabused. Biggest mistake of my life along with not doing an engineering degree :lol:

Very paranoid, but he does have to understand from a buyers point of view. Would he pay upfront in cash only to find a blown headgasket etc? I'm all for people not taking the **** and picking niggly faults (which you'd get on any 30 odd year old car) and trying to drive the price down. But there could be a glaring emission from his listing. Where would the buyer stand then?

Personally I'd just turn upto his house, check the car over and send him the money then via the paypal app.

I sold mine for 700 quid a few years back. Needed a bit of a tidy up but was unabused. Biggest mistake of my life along with not doing an engineering degree :lol:

You can still do a Degree, my mate is 50 and doing a Chartered Surveyors Degree. :thumbs:

You can still do a Degree, my mate is 50 and doing a Chartered Surveyors Degree. :thumbs:

Yeah but I'd have to pay for my second. Will try and blag one from work!

• Like 1