Humble Pie

Ceejay29

So recently I have been ranting on about morals and damage to vehicles from third parties that do not leave insurance details etc. Well I am please to say that I am now eating humble pie. It turns out that the chap that caused damage to my parked car went to the effort of contacting my insurance company accepting liability. Fortunately he is the CEO of a very successful global company (which I do not wish to disclose) and has authorised full payment to my local bodyshop in order to rectify any damage caused.

Now for the technical part;

The bumper needs to be replaced and I am opting for a facelift version. Additionally the headlight needs to be replaced (unfortunately only the one otherwise it would have made sense to go for a set of Bi-Xenon as they are both nicer and cheaper).

Question Number 1;

As my car is an import, do I have to import parts from Japan?

Question Number 2;

Will the facelift bumper fit without hassle, does this have an impact on arch liners and/or under tray? Shall I also quote a random HR registration plate for ease of sourcing the part.

Question Number 3;

Is the UK pre-facelift headlight interchangeable with the JDM version (ie wiring etc)

These questions are important as the bodyshop have identified a foreseeable parts delay if they cannot be ordered from Nissan UK (which I am sure that they can).

Final question

I am considering paying extra to have the front wings smoothed and installing the 370z indicator/emblems. Has anybody carried out this mod with success or is it too much hassle?

Thanks

I could give him a shout, although I have had little response from him lately.

I didn't even consider the headlight washers; good point I would have to get them smoothed.....hmmm additional cost. I don't think it will be as simple as initially thought. Although I presume Zspeed under trays are all universal.

I will try Zman and Lee, they should know.

Thanks

1. UK parts will fit.

2. new arch liners are required and also different shaped washer caps.

3. UK headlight will fit just fine if you have Xenons already, otherwise you need to source a JDM one somewhere.

4. It's been done a few times. Too much hassle for me, but a simple enough job for a body shop.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

Cheers Kyle. I think I have the xenons, they are halogen on dip but xenon on main?

Regarding the bumper, I am guessing my cooling panel wouldn't fit either. Pretty sure the zunsport grille won't and I don't have washer caps/nozzle. I think I will skip the bumper as it could cause more issues than initially considered!

• 2 weeks later...