Kumho or Avon

onthatB0MBSHELL

Educated reasoning taking into account tyres used on the Zed, other cars and reviews and of course price.

So what have you used on the Zed then? Last count Ive had NS2, T1S, Pirelli Zero Rosso, RE040, T1R, FK453, FK452, Vredestein, RE050 and MPSS on mine and thats not a random order BTW ;)

Have you done a few miles or are you just a tyre whore

Educated reasoning taking into account tyres used on the Zed, other cars and reviews and of course price.

So what have you used on the Zed then? Last count Ive had NS2, T1S, Pirelli Zero Rosso, RE040, T1R, FK453, FK452, Vredestein, RE050 and MPSS on mine and thats not a random order BTW ;)

And out of those, I'd pick MPSS to be the best. Am I right?

Cool.

I've tried FK452, Bridgestone SE03, Bridgestone RE01 (albeit on different wheels) and RE050 (on a different Zed) oh and of course the F1 AS2's.

I didn't rate the FK452's the RE01's are brilliant in the dry, the RE050's are ok and the F1's are really very good indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Im a drifter innit ;)

Went through 8 sets of rears in the first 13 months and until recently this was my cellar:

222710_10150178438078568_622283567_6957582_2546286_n.jpg

You dont want to know how many tyres I used in 10 of years of owning 200SX's either, suffice to say it was a lot :lol:

• Like 1

Im a drifter innit ;)

Went through 8 sets of rears in the first 13 months and until recently this was my cellar:

You dont want to know how many tyres I used in 10 of years of owning 200SX's either, suffice to say it was a lot :lol:

looks like my garage

Im a drifter innit ;)

looks like my garage

Me too, I really like those chrome ones though!

And out of those, I'd pick MPSS to be the best. Am I right?

Cool.

I've tried FK452, Bridgestone SE03, Bridgestone RE01 (albeit on different wheels) and RE050 (on a different Zed) oh and of course the F1 AS2's.

I didn't rate the FK452's the RE01's are brilliant in the dry, the RE050's are ok and the F1's are really very good indeed.

But have you tried Nangkangs? This is where the future is at people!

Nope! No Nankangs.

I've had loads of different tyres and wheels on the 200 sx too, what tends to work well on one tends to work on the other, similar overall weight balance I think, albeit less weight and a much spikier torque delivery from the turbo.

• 3 months later...

I have used loads of different tyre brands over the years (mainly on high hp imprezas)

Here is my experience of Khumo's

Khumo KU31- good wet and very good dry weather tyre.

Khumo KU37 very poor wet and ok'ish dry

Khumo KU39 fantastic wet and dry but a little noisy.

Don't think all khumo tyres are the same

Got KU39's on my Z and they are also great on that too.

• Like 1