Kumho or Avon

onthatB0MBSHELL

I've got khumos all round on mine and they are perfectly fine. Although if the wife's touareg didn't need 4 tyres at the same time as well I would of put some mpss on just to see what all the fuss is about.

** on a side note I've never had a car that eats tyres the way a touareg does so no mpss for me in the future either lol **

zz5 were not rated very well.

the zz3s however were a very good (budget) tyre....but think dicontinued now, although some might have old stock? Have used them an various cars with no issues. Were actually better than standard fit Bridgestones I had on a new Golf GTI.

Everyone raves about MPSS but it all depends on what you use your car for, or more specifically how you drive it.

Try camskills and see whats in the same budget.....you might only be a few quid more for Falkens.

Edited by aidan

I have had Avon tyres on many of my cars - Caterham use them as standard - albeit not ZZ5s - and they are less than 600kg cars. I am not sure about ZZ5s but I ran ZZ3s on my 350Z for a while and they were perfectly competent as a summer tyre. Because of the tread pattern you don't get much tram lining and when they are warm I really liked them. I felt that the compound seemed to harden noticeably in colder weather. The ZZ5s look fundamentally different. What I like about most Avons is their predictability and feel. Sadly I have no experience with ZZ5s.

I have Kumho winter tyres and they are great for the purpose but that's not much help to you either.

If I had the budget I would buy MPSS.

Unfortunately my budget does not stretch to MPSS either, as said I suppose it all depends how the car is used/driven my car is mostly used by the Mrs for short runs, or the odd weekend away 300 mile round trip, car doesn't get thrashed or driven hard, was offered tyres @ £60 a corner think they were NumKang or something.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately my budget does not stretch to MPSS either, as said I suppose it all depends how the car is used/driven my car is mostly used by the Mrs for short runs, or the odd weekend away 300 mile round trip, car doesn't get thrashed or driven hard, was offered tyres @ £60 a corner think they were NumKang or something.

Nangkangs :ninja:

These

These

Yeah, never heard of them, I assume they are sh#t?

These

I'm running them on the Rear :lol:

People make out bad, unheard of tyres will make you feel like you are driving on ice...

I was on a budget and short time scale, and the only tyres I could get fitted were Nangkangs.

Only had them on for a week, but don't see what all the fuss is about. Haven't driven it hard, as I was bedding the tyres in, but I've been driving around town, motorway etc - Doesn't feel anything different to my old bridgestones.

You're not going to die with them on :lol:

I'm sure someone will be along to tell me I'm an idiot and my car is going to implode for running them.

• Like 2

Can you not stretch a tenner on £60 and get some Ling Longs?

http://www.tyreleade...r18-100w-221912

please don't buy ling longs.

Lol, thought you were taking the pi## there with Ling Longs. Don't know if any traders here do them, here being Northern Ireland, that's the problem ordering online, the extra delivery charges to here push the prices way up.

These

People make out bad, unheard of tyres will make you feel like you are driving on ice...

I was on a budget and short time scale, and the only tyres I could get fitted were Nangkangs.

Only had them on for a week, but don't see what all the fuss is about. Haven't driven it hard, as I was bedding the tyres in, but I've been driving around town, motorway etc - Doesn't feel anything different to my old bridgestones.

I'm sure someone will be along to tell me I'm an idiot and my car is going to implode for running them.

Lol, yeah if you read some opinions, and don't shell out for Mpss, you may as well use RIP on your avatar :huh:

Edited by onthatB0MBSHELL

These

Lol, yeah if you read some opinions, and don't she'll out for Mpss, you may as well use RIP on your avatar :huh:

Well, I think for everyday driving a set of ling longs or whatever would be just fine but I don't personally drive my car like that, I enjoy a spirited drive every so often and a trip to Germany.

If however you've got a 350z and you never use it with any sort of enthusiam then a set of @*!# tyres will probably see you through the day.

If I had a crap daily you can bet your anus that I would be putting a set of kinwood/ling long/nankangs on there.

These

Lol, yeah if you read some opinions, and don't she'll out for Mpss, you may as well use RIP on your avatar :huh:

The newer nangkangs are really highly rated by the people who give them a chance.

I'm using infinity tyres on the front of mine, they were £70 each and I'll bet your mother's third nipple that they held on when I went into the devils elbow at Lydden hill sideways at a fairly high lick. And before anyone asks, yes, I was deliberately sideways :lol:

• Like 1

The newer Nankangs are NS2R which is a more track focused tyre, also a lot more money - the standard NS2 is OK but a bit worrying in the wet.

Ive used Avons and Kumhos and will take the Kumho every time, the M3 guys like them too which is always a good indicator :)

Oh jheeze! Get ready for the flurry of "You must get MPSS or die" quotes!

8zoiw.jpg

bit unfair i mean they do stop you from hitting cars in front of you, and they actually make your turn on a cross road in a city without spinning off and taking out a line of pensioners waiting for the bus

Oh jheeze! Get ready for the flurry of "You must get MPSS or die" quotes!

8zoiw.jpg

bit unfair i mean they do stop you from hitting cars in front of you, and they actually make your turn on a cross road in a city without spinning off and taking out a line of pensioners waiting for the bus

• Like 1

give a few days yoll be doing this because of them

• Like 1