Oh my god. Mega tyre problem !!!!

jonny the mod

Evening everyone. As per the title, I've had a pretty bad day today with a flat tyre. I've got Falken 452 tyres on my zed and today tried to inflate a flatty which I thought had a slow puncture. After a few goes I noticed I was getting nowhere, so took of the wheel to find a shocker. The front tyres are 245/30/ZR20 90Y and bought the wheels off this forum (Finichi). If you check out the pictures, my first thought was that it was rubbing on something, but I've looked and spotted nothing in the wheel arch area that shows wearing. I've fitted 5mm spacers that came with the wheels, so have no idea what would cause such damage. I'm booked in tomorrow for 2 new fronts, but would be interested in your view. Ta.

post-18850-0-05133400-1400265019_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-59818600-1400265026_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-39738200-1400265034_thumb.jpg

post-18850-0-41158300-1400265043_thumb.jpg

Run flat or with very little air in it would be my best guess. The problem with 30 profile tyres is that the walls are so stiff that when driving normally it's difficult to feel the difference if the pressure has dropped by 10-20 psi and even when parked up you can't really tell just by looking at it. Lucky you didn't have a blowout!

Pete

I've just checked my 452's. Looking at how the tyre is worn on the edge like that and if both inside and outside edges are worn id would also say the tyre has been run flat and for quite some time. As Pete said easy done on low profiles as I've done it in the past on a rear. A dear lesson learned being a 275/35/19 as it knackered the wall and I had to replace the tyre.

Edited by SHEZZA

I've just checked my 452's. Looking at how the tyre is worn on the edge like and if both inside and outside edges are worn id would also say the tyre has been run flat and for quite some time. As Pete said easy done on low profiles as I've done it in the past on a rear. A dear lesson learned being a 257/35/19 as it knackered the wall and I had to replace the tyre.

Get some 4 wheel tracking done at about £100 or a bit more

or keep buying new tyres at £1k every, 5000 miles..End of problem .. :thumbs:

I've just checked my 452's. Looking at how the tyre is worn on the edge like and if both inside and outside edges are worn id would also say the tyre has been run flat and for quite some time. As Pete said easy done on low profiles as I've done it in the past on a rear. A dear lesson learned being a 257/35/19 as it knackered the wall and I had to replace the tyre.

My tyres are fine WackyWill cheers. though just as is happens I'm getting my tracking done tomorrow after just having banana arm bushes replaced. Then a weekend of elbow grease then I'm good to go for Wales :-)

My tyres are fine WackyWill cheers. though just as is happens I'm getting my tracking done tomorrow after just having banana arm bushes replaced. Then a weekend of elbow grease then I'm good to go for Wales :-)

Sorry Shezza. Men't to post that to Jonny the Mod as he's the one with the problem

I got my tracking done a while back, made a lot of difference to the handling. :thumbs: