Model differences

jimboy2

Hi. I'm pretty new round here and gathering info at the moment. Just trying to get round the different model variations.

I want a uk car with GT spec.

How drastic are the engine differences across the 350 range.

From what I can see there is 3 types

The original

The rev up?

The 313 Hr (bonnet bulge)

How am I doing so far??

So,what I can gather the 313 is probably the one to go for if I can find a decent one but they push my budget over the limit (9-9.5k)

Also there seem to be a lot of black with black interior. I quite fancy the tan interior with something other than black, the dark blue is nice but have a feeling they will be as bad to live with as a black car.

Any way back to original question how different is it between models. Is it night and day or barely noticeable? The exterior looks pretty much the same. How about interior did that change at any point?

Thanks all

You'e doing OK on the Engines

Better interior on rev ups (2006)

Tan interior not available on a dark blue (midnight) car but frost leather is and it's nice imo ... these are only post 2007 though

Any way back to original question how different is it between models. Is it night and day or barely noticeable? The exterior looks pretty much the same. How about interior did that change at any point?

Thanks all

Interior was updated in 2006, this tackled one of the main issues by moving the hazard warning switch as it was fairly easy to knock on with your elbow. Other changes were nicer knobs, different door cards, Illuminated ignition switch, illuminated steering wheel controls and a few other minor things. Exterior changes included new bumper with slightly different shaped headlight washers, uprated headlights, rear LED's and Rays are standard fitting from 2006 onwards. Also, Nissan engineers managed to add an extra 70 kilos to the weight :scare: . Differences are neither night and day or barely noticeable...somewhere in between I'd say :)

Pete

Worth noting that there is a higher tax band on cars after 2005/2006 I believe it is there about's and also that the older DE has the best torque figures. :D
it's on the 06 I believe. That's partly why I got a 55 plate.

Great info thanks.

As much as the higher tax band is annoying I don't want it to be a deal breaker. It's only the equivalent of 2 ish tanks of fuel.

So I know I want to go for something 06 onwards as I would like a updated interior.

Also now want the Frost interior but I gather it's very rare.

Worth noting that there is a higher tax band on cars after 2005/2006 I believe it is there about's and also that the older DE has the best torque figures. :D

The extra tax is irrelevant, its 2 x tanks of fuel over a year..! :scare:

But after 2006 you get a better interior and a few more horses, I would trade that

off against 2 tanks of fuel.. :thumbs:

As a rule of thumb, anything with a 55-plate will be fine, as it would have been registered before March 2006. If it has an 06-reg, it might still be okay – but you’ll need to check the V5 registration document to make sure it got its number plates screwed on before 23 March 2006

But after 2006 you get a better interior and a few more horses, I would trade that

The better interior though Will can be retro fitted in the older DE ~ bhp difference between the older/newer DE engine is negligible, plus the UpRev supposedly burns a lot of oil according to some. :D:stir:

Anyway the tax thing wouldn't bother me but it's worth noting as I've heard it annoying some before. ;)

• Like 1

The better interior though Will can be retro fitted in the older DE ~ bhp difference between the older/newer DE engine is negligible, plus the UpRev supposedly burns a lot of oil according to some. :D:stir:

Anyway the tax thing wouldn't bother me but it's worth noting as I've heard it annoying some before. ;)

Ye ! I know, I got an April 2006 registered DE apparently its one of the last to roll off the line.

Its got the higher tax, which doesn't worry me, because its such a lovely car, without fault. :thumbs:

• Like 1

It was a no brainer for me...I stretched my finances and went for the HR, the engine breathes better and has 80% of its components modified or strengthened as it revs higher.

I was searching for about 4 months and was initially looking for a black one, but this one popped up at the right price and I had to have it.....absolutely love it!!!

Edit: Just paid £500 tax..so what...its well worth it!

Edited by 350zedd

I got the HR and also just shelled out £500 for the tax! But like yourself I put it on my credit card and pay it off monthly so doesn't really affect me. In terms of colour options if you find yourself a midnight blue with the frost leather then definitely consider it! I've got the ebisu black with alezan (tan) interior, which I really wanted as the two colours contrast each other extremely well IMO. I've gone as gas as continuing the theme throughout the engine bay too! Spraying bits and bobs orange to match the interior.

Good luck with your search mate! :thumbs:

I won't be buying a black one I know that much. My last 2 cars have been black! I like the midnight blue and would love the frost interior. May have to save a few mor pennies for the HR version then.

so knowing i know want a 313 now need to talk about my budget.

I'm sure you have all seen and answered the question sooooo many time so i apologise in advance.

do you think with a 8.5-9k budget i can get into a 313 or do you thing it would be better going for a slightly older one?

thats good to hear. i do struggle to look over the high miles on some though. i understand that if the servicing has been done the engine is pretty bullet proof anyway.

just been looking on ebay and there is one on the in budget but can't take the name of the dealer seriously! titty ho motor company! lol

a few of them don't seem to have leather either, they have a cloth interior. so that another thing for me to look out for as i want leather

Edited by jimboy2