Porche 944 Value?

Grundy

Might have a potential bargain/project - Anyone got a app or voodoo magic to find out what engine is in the car with this reg....

CTT 944Y

I'll update with some more information when I get some more :)

Might have a potential bargain/project - Anyone got a app or voodoo magic to find out what engine is in the car with this reg....

CTT 944Y

2479cc in that apparently, which in 1983 would have given you 165bhp :)

CTT 944Y

2479cc in that apparently, which in 1983 would have given you 165bhp :)

Yeah, was doing a bit of research and 83 model is the 2.5lt. A few years later you get the 3lt models and the turbos.

However it's not 100% it's a 83, but we will find out soon enough, be it from Martin or the owner :)

Not being funny here, but how is it going to be newer than a Y reg ........... if its on a Y reg? :dry:

Because you can put an older plate on a newer car, my Y plate 944 is an 87 car - E reg

Edited by andywatson

Not being funny here, but how is it going to be newer than a Y reg ........... if its on a Y reg? :dry:

Because you can put an older plate on a newer car, my Y plate 944 is an 87 car - E reg

Got it the wrong way round, meant older, ignore me :wacko:

Okay, so I don't know too much about Porsches, but I know the deal I'm about to make is a no brainer.

Now question is, how much would a clean good condition 1983 944 Value at? It's on 70k miles.

Looking through Autotrader, the prices vary from £1.5k - £10k

It's a 2.5lt 160Bhp

History?

Belts replaced? (48k or every 4 years)

Interior, fabric or fabric & leatherette?

Wheels? (15" Original)

Sill condition (they rot from inside out)

Tax & MOT?

Fuel lines ok (they corrode)

Battery tray ok?

Sunroof, if so drain pipes ok, in working order?

Body, paint?

Assuming all ok if mileage is genuine, I would think somewhere around £3-3.5k for a really nice example, the problem is that to achieve that you would need someone in the know to appreciate a series one car, S2's can be had for that money, 944's are in that bracket where a guy can own a Porsche for not a lot of money, then not looked after very quickly fall into an expensive car to put right, then the value as many are now not very good.

Most new to the 944 want a Turbo, again that hinders the value on what is seen as a "lesser" car, the thing is there are not many Lux models about, if it's a good one you may be wise to keep and look after it - you never know?? And they are a great car to drive.

Okay, so I don't know too much about Porsches, but I know the deal I'm about to make is a no brainer.

Now question is, how much would a clean good condition 1983 944 Value at? It's on 70k miles.

Looking through Autotrader, the prices vary from £1.5k - £10k

It's a 2.5lt 160Bhp

Its all about overall condition so worth whatever you are prepared to pay. Might be a porker and good quality but they can rot as well. If its been looked after it will be sweeeeeet :thumbs:

We got screwed over :(

Friend went in there offered them £300 (Was up for £500) To start the barter, but the owner (Wife) wasn't there, so he left it with the son.

Next day, my friends Brothers Brother in law :lol: Went round the neighbours house and snapped it up for £400 :(

We found out they were the only owner! FSH, 70k on the clock etc :(