Boys Toys Ltd.....any bad reviews?

Kraziekatz1

Googled them but didn't find much. Sure someone told me to avoid them but not sure why. I'm on Scoobynet so I can ask around.

The general consensus on Scoobynet is avoid them like the plague. Guess I need to be patient, finding a decent Scooby seems so much harder than finding my Z :(

Googled them but didn't find much. Sure someone told me to avoid them but not sure why. I'm on Scoobynet so I can ask around.

The general consensus on Scoobynet is avoid them like the plague. Guess I need to be patient, finding a decent Scooby seems so much harder than finding my Z :(

That's a shame my mate sold a beauty which he had for a

few years and spent a fortune on keeping it mint a few weeks ago :blush:

If you've only just bought the Z give it a chance. I very nearly sold mine within the first few months but it ended up really growing on me.

I was also looking for a evo/sti in that time and it's an absolute minefield out there for those cars, I gave up in the end.

On another note I ran into a 04 plate sti impreza the other day and from a roll their was nothing in it between the two cars. Made me glad I kept the Z to be honest.

• Like 1

Story of my life at the moment WhackyWill.....keep missing the good ones!

Keep your hair on 370Ad, the Scooby is for hubby (replacement for the Civic)....although I will obviously be driving it hence trying to make sure we get a good 'un.

Ekona, looking for an Impreza preferably STi but will consider WRX/PPP etc. Blobeye, bugeye up to 2006 plate (low tax band). Mileage needs to be low.....60k absolute tops. Good clean coachwork, usual stuff. If anyone knows of any let me know please.

• Like 1

Story of my life at the moment WhackyWill.....keep missing the good ones!

Keep your hair on 370Ad, the Scooby is for hubby (replacement for the Civic)....although I will obviously be driving it hence trying to make sure we get a good 'un.

Ekona, looking for an Impreza preferably STi but will consider WRX/PPP etc. Blobeye, bugeye up to 2006 plate (low tax band). Mileage needs to be low.....60k absolute tops. Good clean coachwork, usual stuff. If anyone knows of any let me know please.

Ye a shame as he only sold it as he bought a Corvette C5, think he now regrets selling it.

I know which I would prefer to have :blush:

Have you driven both WRX and STi back to back to compare? They're massively different cars, and to me a leggy 80k STi would be a much better buy than a mint 30k WRX. Buy on condition, not milage.

What's the budget?

• Like 1

Never actually driven an STi....always been one of my dream cars though, preferably in Scooby blue. Mileage unfortunately is the big killer for us, hubby works over near Watford and we live west of Reading so he covers a lot of miles and hence the need to buy something under 60k. Want to steer clear of the 2.5l engines as well. Budget: was thinking up to 6k for unmolested, or 8.5k to 9k for one with the right mods.

If he's going to do a lot of miles, don't pay a premium for a low miler as you'll be losing out financially long term. Buy a well looked after car with plenty of history, and ignore the mileage.

You need to drive the STi, it's a massively more involving car than a WRX. It's like comparing a 330i to an M3. :)

• Like 1

Just in answer to the OP, yes they are very dodgy, their main business is panel repairs so expect lots of crap imports tarted up to look nice for a sale. Plenty of bad reviews on the Supra forums. I enquired about a Skyline there last year and they didn't even have the import documents to view. Sharks. Avoid. Just don't be tempted because they have imported lots of cars.

• Like 1

Just in answer to the OP, yes they are very dodgy, their main business is panel repairs so expect lots of crap imports tarted up to look nice for a sale. Plenty of bad reviews on the Supra forums. I enquired about a Skyline there last year and they didn't even have the import documents to view. Sharks. Avoid. Just don't be tempted because they have imported lots of cars.

The guys on Scoobynet said pretty much the same thing. Cut & shunt was mentioned. Apparently Hurst Cars are good, but I would prefer to buy privately if possible.