MattBrom's Project - Black 350z

mattbrom

Today was so nice and the zed was real dirty

:(

My mate gave me some carnauba wax that he had :) I gave her a wash and applied the DoDo juice pre wax and then the wax :)

I am real pleased on how it came out :D

a3y9ema5.jpg

vynu2aqe.jpg

ary4aveg.jpg6ynuzenu.jpgjy2emere.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I believe ruins the front end on these cars are the number plate holder so I set out putting a vinyl one on :)

I filled in the four holes with fibre glass and smoothed it out.

I haven't got any pictures of the process but got final outcome :)

The 'F' looks out of place but it isn't it's the curvature of the bumper :)

asa3uny8.jpg

u7agypuv.jpg

As you can see in the picture I went about polishing the headlights :)

Got myself some autoglym interior cleaning kit

I'll start it tomorrow :)

vy3yvavy.jpg

I'm going to make myself a slam panel out of carbon fibre this week :) I have some carbon left over from when I made some bits for my racing car :Dy9u7eret.jpg

It's a 1.4 rover k series turbo which was a prototype engine that came out of the factory :D producing 400bhp in a 400kg car ;)

I have an onboard video of a test day. :)

Anyway I might use this biaxle weave carbon with the red tracer in it :)

e6ejuten.jpg

Hey, sorry to say I'm not that impressed by the washer covers, I too work in carbon, but made out of pre preg they would look so much better, I'm sure you could scrounge some off cut material from work and chuck them in the clave. Most places I have worked (im a contractor) are pretty easy going and would unlikely to put up much of a fuss.

Though I'm guessing you have made them from wet lay, the weave is quite distorted, I know its tricky with dry cloth....

Otherwise, I think its time my black zed got the same polish/wax treatment, yours looks very shiny! Mine is a swirly bastard :p

Hey, sorry to say I'm not that impressed by the washer covers, I too work in carbon, but made out of pre preg they would look so much better, I'm sure you could scrounge some off cut material from work and chuck them in the clave. Most places I have worked (im a contractor) are pretty easy going and would unlikely to put up much of a fuss.

Though I'm guessing you have made them from wet lay, the weave is quite distorted, I know its tricky with dry cloth....

Otherwise, I think its time my black zed got the same polish/wax treatment, yours looks very shiny! Mine is a swirly bastard :p

Yeah I know! When I put them in a vac bag the weave distorted I'm going to try a different way of doing them :) I'd rather not ask if I'm honest mate they might not like it :/

Yeah get on it! There's nothing better than a clean black car...until you take it 2mile down the road and it's crapped up again ;)

Yeah I know! When I put them in a vac bag the weave distorted I'm going to try a different way of doing them :) I'd rather not ask if I'm honest mate they might not like it :/

Yeah get on it! There's nothing better than a clean black car...until you take it 2mile down the road and it's crapped up again ;)

Haha too right, Ah Nottingham, I'm guessing you are at either EPM, KS or Cobham? They are roughly in your area anyway! If so you might know a few mates of mine :p

My mate just bought himself an Evo MR 360 HKS edition. Which I must add is an absolute beast! It came with xxr 527s - brilliant! I thought i'll get him to sell them...to me ;)

He is looking for the original MR speed lines now. BONUS! So I went to try his wheels on to see if I actually like them.

Took pictures!

uby9e4ep.jpg

etadydyb.jpgseje2e8y.jpg

udedyjeq.jpg

I like them a lot the car will need to be lowered possibly on springs.

What in planning on doing is I read that you need the fronts to be thinner in width than the rear otherwise it messes up the traction control so I was planning on putting 245 width on the front and 265 on the rears hopefully that'll work

:)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not been updated in a while because I've been quite busy :) so my mate is selling me his xxr's the ones which I pictured on this thread a couple of posts back! Woohoo! Going to go for either 265/35/18 or 275/35/18 on rear and 245/35/18 or 255/35/18 on front :)

So I parked my car up for a meeting outside an engineering place and one of the employees come running saying my window has been smashed! The t**ts lobbed a rock through my passenger side window!! I was raging at this point so I got on the phone to police and reported it all the usual stuff then contacted admiral for my glass cover and they sent out autoglass who were brilliant! Got me a genuine nissan window in no problems :D only £75 excess and doesn't effect my no claims :)

Anyway! I have bought some bits :)

I've got a zunsport grille from tarmac!

Some extended wheel nuts for my XXR's :D

abegevyq.jpg

7u4u6uba.jpg

The grille fitted! Easiest mod I've ever done took literally 20 minutes! :D

be9u6e5u.jpgmeqymyve.jpg

I should have the wheels next week as my mate is getting his new wheels sprayed up before he sells me the current ones he's got on his Evo :)

Can't wait to be hit with a fat tyre bill! :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got my new discs today from MTEC :thumbs: they came with a package deal of £135 off MTEC's eBay store for the discs and mintex pads. I don't know if the black some sort of coating?

Now I was planning on running grooved discs with EBC yellow stuff pads but I thought for the price why not try the mintex! :) I was surprised how big these things are!

cdf62b93131c844b4abfd058cee505ab.jpg

Then in preparation of my new rims I have ordered 275/40/18 tyres and I've just picked up some Bridgestone potenza 255/40/18 and it's surprising how big these are compared to the original size!

I hope they fit with the XXR's. I know the tyres will fit on the rim because that's 9.75 but I just hope I don't get rubbing from the tyres. Has anyone put these sizes on their car? Any advice?

860c9427e8f4eac277cc68e9b48b4d47.jpg7e8de6d50566e74651bcf65047339006.jpg

Got my wheels fitted today! :D absolutely love the look of these! They fill the arches lovely! b21b1c37d1b879f906a0e28018ba62d9.jpg3baf8bd24be36a0b9d6d66c43f69a5c3.jpg3b57d85e4a9a39a7bb23f773463d6c7d.jpg

So then fitted my new discs which was the easiest thing I've ever done on these! Brembos ftw!

19822bfd9f42d745410d288ededd2ea0.jpg

cabeabbe29b155c62a6ba6f87046c4f5.jpg

Then gave her a clean because I'm going Trax tomorrow! Should be a good laugh!

• Like 1