MattBrom's Project - Black 350z

mattbrom

• 3 weeks later...
what a stunning sound Matt!!! ...I have ruled out fitting decats to my Cobra res as I absolutely hate rasp in any exhaust note..do you get a lot of it? Do you plan to record some more videos? :D

Thanks mate! To be honest you don't get much at all it's surprisingly quiet on the cruise obviously not dead silent but definitely bearable! Go for the silenced decats if you can mate :) I'll get some more videos up tonight pal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Nice sound on the videos Matt. ;)

First one for me was strange though as the sounds out of sync ~ your car drove off with no sound & then a few seconds later the sound started. :dry:

Sorry mate! I think it was my editing software made it out of sync. It was dark anyway and the car was going to fast for the video to capture it ;)

stunning Matt!! ...so I have won a set of the same decats this night, they are already on their way to Prague, thanks for an inspiration!!! Nice vids on your Instagram as well, by the way :D

Edited by ZonixX

stunning Matt!! ...so I have won a set of the same decats this night, they are already on their way to Prague, thanks for an inspiration!!! Nice vids on your Instagram as well, by the way :D

Good lad see if you can get a y-pipe also as mine are making a odd noise from the flexi joints! I'll have to message you when I'm in Czech! I'm thinking about driving to Prague next year :D cheers mate! I followed you back! :)

• 2 weeks later...

As a recent update I've got everything I set out to do with car except a remap!

I ordered a new y pipe off ebay which came next day! You might think it's a pile of manure if it's off ebay but this one looks alright!

I haven't got a picture of the OEM y pipe but it was absolutely shot! With me putting the new y pipe on its stopped the hissing noise which happened when I put the decats on.

f82e9721903bc8ec82c535ceb15ddb3d.jpg163f516a80ed020c13c3ad3da5496a70.jpgea265e80c70f043a627e62ba7273e01f.jpg

c40de1a22c7477a8c7d43f6be9f22267.jpg

Not bad for £100 eh?

The exhaust note now is immense! The exhaust is a lot more throaty it seems to rev much easier now :thumbs:

My second mod

I bought a motordyne plenum spacer off a member on here last night and had a chance to fit it today :thumbs:

Had no issues putting this all together other than in the manual they say torque the bolts up to 40ft/lbs I did it on the torque wrench and some how the thing didn't click so I kept tightening and the bolt snapped! Not to worry I just got it all out and replaced the bolt :D

3406b58c22e01a3818ea1a87b854afe7.jpg

db54db59c3127058e8572a029aa24660.jpg

Again not bad for £100 :D

So that went in all together nicely now I'm ready for a remap. I don't know if I should have a go at it myself yet if I get all the UpRev leads...

I'm now unsure what to buy next. It's either coilovers which I don't want to drop the car much but just stiffen the back end so it doesn't bounce as much going round corners fast or a private plate..

The plate will be B12OM X my second name is Bromage so I think it'll be quite a good one! :thumbs:

a480fff99a967d7948e824b625fec8c8.jpg

Edited by mattbrom

haha, what an epic progress :D I get that hissing/rattle noise on deceleration only, definitely comes from inside of the stock Y-pipe..nice HR pipe, does it fit between the stock plastic undertray, which is on both sides of the stock one?

I had the same decats put on, but it's worth getting some brackets Welded on so it doesn't make the y pipe flexi rattle.

I thought about welding some brackets in might give that a go next weekend :D

Edited by mattbrom
  • Like 1

haha, what an epic progress :D I get that hissing/rattle noise on deceleration only, definitely comes from inside of the stock Y-pipe..nice HR pipe, does it fit between the stock plastic undertray, which is on both sides of the stock one?

Yeah that's what happened to me mate the simplest way around is get a new y pipe either like mine or the stillen one which hasn't got the flexi pipes in it. I think tarmac sportz has one in stock so grab that if you're interested. I took both those plastic bits off mate the only way I could fit the pipe in :)

I got my exhaust sorted at the weekend too mate, my Y Pipe was shot as well. I got one off ebay and it turned out to be a Japspeed one. Only paid about 80 quid for it. My hissing sound has gone too and it sounds so much better than before as my exhaust was blowing bad! Good to see you got yours sorted too.

I like the private reg!

Edited by pjf1985

Hey man , can your tell me how the fitment was on the y pipe and decats? And what brand or vendor are they from? Thanks!

The fitment was fine mate! I let mechanic deal with fitting the decats for £40 it wasn't worth me getting mad about the tough bolts. But the y pipe I did myself took me literally 30minutes to fit

This is what I got -

Y pipe - http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271668053708

Decats - http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221020447769

• Like 1

so today I went down to Tarmac Sportz as I'm only 5 minutes away and I ended picking up one of these :DP1040786_zps50736bbf.jpgP1040785_zpse233348c.jpgP1040784_zps874d2e53.jpgfitting was very simple! just 4 bolts and some catch alignment and now my car looks like this. I think the carbon fibre looks good on a black car :DP1040787_zpsdc19926e.jpgP1040788_zpsa2bad71d.jpgP1040789_zps979e1f17.jpg I'll try and get some better pictures tomorrow :)

• Like 2