Would you hire out your Z?

clockwize

No way! I know how I personally drive hire cars and wouldn't want someone treating my own car in that way haha :lol:

There has been some research in to it, people are far less likely to treat a car badly if they pick it up from the owner and drop it back to the owner.. its not quite the same as dropping it back to a faceless corporation, you feel like you are looking after someones baby.

• Like 1

sounds like your doing market research

Yeah..

To be honest, it would be more hassle than it's worth and they'd be able to hire much faster cars for the same price. Insurance would be an issue, as normal policies state the car must not be used for hire or reward.

Yeah, special insurance would be arranged separately from the owners normal policy for the hire period. You can hire an R8 for about £1000+ for a weekend..

I'm just thinking about it, wondering how much it would cost for this kind of insurance for the period + how much people would expect to hire their Z for a weekend.

So, I'm hiring a 3.7 litre V6 Mustang in Vegas for 10 days, it's in August and I'm under 25 so both of those things put the cost up. I'm paying just over £400 including the young driver fees, all the available insurance so I don't have to pay out for dings and a full tank of fuel. I'm not sure they'd be a market for a 350, a 370 Nismo yes, but not a standard one really.

I had a mustang cabrio in San Diego for 2 weeks a couple of years back. They drive like **** and the roofs are terrible when up.

They feel like cars from the 80's.

We ditched it before the long drive to Vegas.

sounds like your doing market research

Yeah..

To be honest, it would be more hassle than it's worth and they'd be able to hire much faster cars for the same price. Insurance would be an issue, as normal policies state the car must not be used for hire or reward.

Yeah, special insurance would be arranged separately from the owners normal policy for the hire period. You can hire an R8 for about £1000+ for a weekend..

I'm just thinking about it, wondering how much it would cost for this kind of insurance for the period + how much people would expect to hire their Z for a weekend.

So, I'm hiring a 3.7 litre V6 Mustang in Vegas for 10 days, it's in August and I'm under 25 so both of those things put the cost up. I'm paying just over £400 including the young driver fees, all the available insurance so I don't have to pay out for dings and a full tank of fuel. I'm not sure they'd be a market for a 350, a 370 Nismo yes, but not a standard one really.

I had a mustang cabrio in San Diego for 2 weeks a couple of years back. They drive like **** and the roofs are terrible when up.

They feel like cars from the 80's.

We ditched it before the long drive to Vegas.

I had a coupe 2 years ago and I loved it! The drive from santa Monica was awesome fun in it. Different strokes for different folks and all that haha

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

No way! I know how I personally drive hire cars and wouldn't want someone treating my own car in that way haha :lol:

There has been some research in to it, people are far less likely to treat a car badly if they pick it up from the owner and drop it back to the owner.. its not quite the same as dropping it back to a faceless corporation, you feel like you are looking after someones baby.

I do quite a bit of work for sports car rentals company's and I can only say you are massively under estimating the way people treat these cars. There are plenty of 3 to 5 car rental company's around London and you will be returning to the guy who owns them and trust me the people who take them out will trash them without blinking an eye.

The attitude is I have paid so I will do what I want to.

You will soon be on first name terms with the insurance company claims person.

L

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea to me, but I have a standard 350Z and would rent it out at the right price with the right insurance.

Couldn't you fit a black box like they do to learners? Thrash the car too much and you loose you deposit?

There are a couple of cars I'd like to try for the day to help decide whether I want to own one,likewise bikes, I'd like to borrow a hayabusa and a 916 for a few houts to see if they live up to the hype, but I don't want the hassle and expense of owning one!!

Ian.

Sounds like a good idea to me, but I have a standard 350Z and would rent it out at the right price with the right insurance.

Couldn't you fit a black box like they do to learners? Thrash the car too much and you loose you deposit?

There are a couple of cars I'd like to try for the day to help decide whether I want to own one,likewise bikes, I'd like to borrow a hayabusa and a 916 for a few houts to see if they live up to the hype, but I don't want the hassle and expense of owning one!!

Ian.

But that's why people would hire out a sports car, to thrash it? If I had a black box fitted to mine I would have to deactivate it when I had the car back that's for sure!

People hire sports cars to avoid all of the downsides like costly insurance, running costs etc so they can just enjoy the fun part: Giving it a good old spanking!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Fast cars are meant to be spanked.. If I let someone have a go in my Z, I fully expect them to put their foot down, thats the idea of it right?

You're right, however, you stop when your skill is running out as you don't want to total the car, a lesser driver may not do the same.

I used to work in driving experiences, and several people came with the attitude of "It's not my car and I don't care if I total it" most of them were kicked out for being idiots and not calming down when asked. One did total the car and had to pay out for the excess. If there's no one to warn them you may get a broken car back.

True, I guess there are people like that. But I still think that it would happen far less if you were picking it up from the owner. Also I guess a track situation is a bit different.

There'd probably still be some amount of that I agree, though the number is small and probably wouldn't happen to the vast majority of people doing it..

Driving recklessly on the track is more likely as you feel safer, with no pedestrians, on coming traffic, lights, blind corners and obviously speed limits etc.