What's your favourite guitar solo? Or guitarist?

glrnet

Just a bit random, got iTunes on shuffle and Stevie Ray Vaughn popped up playing Hendrix's Little Wing, even better than the great man's version I would venture, major goose bumps, share yours :) You young 'uns can just ignore me :p

• Like 3

If we're going down the Hendrix route for now then I would have to say Gary Moore playing red house at the strat pack concert absolutely amazing IMO :)

However my favourite guitarist of all time has to be Dave Gilmore when Floyd were still together

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Some say this is the reason Mick Taylor got the sack from the Stones, Keith always insisted the Stones had no lead guitarist...........And then this happened, it starts around 1:57, Keith is playing rhythm and then Mick blows him away. Imho the best version of Gimme Shelter purely because of Mick Taylor. Listen to the studio version, it has no resemblance.

Richie Blackmore ... and egotistical arse, but damn, when you can play like that ...

In the same vein ... Prince ... I never rated the guy until I watched this video ... I'm told by guitarists that it's not the most technically impressive performance, but when you can get feeling like this from wood and metal, I don't care.