Coil Packs

SiriusProjects

Not being that knowledgeable about engines in general, I was wondering if someone could help me.

Basically I've been experiencing some hesitation when driving my zed and it feels down on power.

I've bought a new maf sensor which I will be fitting in the next few days. I'm not sure if that is the problem, but it was mentioned by forum members in a previous post of mine so thought I would try that first.

My local mechanic also mentioned that it might be a coil or injector. Not knowing much about these things, do the symptoms I described above fit with one of these failing and how much are coils and injectors to replace?

I recently had a new invidia exhaust fitted with berks Hfc's and did wonder if the hesitation and lack of power could be due to the new setup not running properly until it gets remapped. This is happening this Friday.

I've connected my odb interface and I have no errors being reported, so I'm totally lost as to what the problem might be.

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I had the car fully serviced a couple of weeks ago, all the spark plugs were changed then. I've got no EML light coming on either and as mentioned, no faults are being reported. I will see if the maf sensor makes a difference and go from there. The car is drivable, it's just that hesitation sometimes, especially going up hill and the drop in power. It just doesn't feel like it's running smoothly. As mentioned, the remap might sort it out too. Here's hoping.

Out of interest, how many coil packs are there on a zed? How much are they as well and is it a big job to replace them?

6. One per cylinder/spark plug.

Not a big job to replace them although some are more awkward to get at than others. Just need a 10mm socket I believe to remove.

Price wise no idea really sorry ~ I bought a second hand coil pack from Zmanalex and that was around £35 if I recall right. New from Nissan probably £50-70 quid each at a guess. :thumbs: