Buypartsby.co.uk - Sutton Auto Factors

d95gas

Just want to see if anyone has used the website "Buypartsby.co.uk" which is Sutton Auto Factors?

I'm in the market for a new clutch and this site is advertising the LUK Dual-mass Flywheel (which all the traders supply) for £231.73 inc VAT which I think is an excellent price, and represents nearly a £100 saving.

Would be useful to know if anyone else has used them and if they were ok.

Thanks

Not used them.

Have you PM'd Mitz at Cougar Store or Clark Motorsport or other traders on here for prices.

Aways worth checking with the forum traders.

I've been talking to Ewen via PM, not spoken to Cougar or anyone else, but going by the prices on the site, they are still £90+ dearer for the LUK DMF

There's a used Luk DMF in the for sale forum with only 10k on it... Save yourself another £100! :thumbs:

Yep seen this yesterday and was tempted and still in 2 minds really as the car is only a weekend car so does very very low mileage.

As much as I like the traders on here, if this company are selling the same product for £100 less, then surely it's a no brainer... Although, I can't see how they can sell for so little... the traders can't put that much of a mark-up on surely? :shrug:

Edited by Paddy78

Those reviews are awesome! Well if ir was me, my new plan would be:

Buy 2nd flywheel, failing that, buy from one of the traders!

It looks like, yet again, if something's too cheap, then there's probably something wrong!

I know you have to be careful with everything these days, hence the reason I asked on the Forum. To be fair to them though some of the negative reviews, especially on the Rovertech site, could have been avoided if the buyer had read their terms and conditions. I can understand their point of view on the buyer returning the goods when they are in Southern Ireland. They did offer to pick-up if in the UK.

I always try to go with the traders, but when you are talking about a difference of £100 on a single item, its significant. I fully appreciate that the traders on here are the top of the tree and give us a superb service, but at the end of the day if I can save that sort of money on a purchase, then I have to look into it.

There are a good few other suppliers out there supplying the Genuine LUK DMF for under £270, and the more I save, the more I have to spend on the Zed :D

SAF are local to me. I know they give good service and have a good internet business. My calls on motor factors these days are very rare and I use a different supplier who i have dealt with for years without problem. however SAF have a good reputation and often supply parts you can't find elsewhere.

SAF are local to me. I know they give good service and have a good internet business. My calls on motor factors these days are very rare and I use a different supplier who i have dealt with for years without problem. however SAF have a good reputation and often supply parts you can't find elsewhere.

Thanks for the info Arkwright. One option is to collect from them as I will be passing by their business on Wednesday, so may be worth dropping in and taking a look, assuming its a stock item and not drop shipped from LUK or other!

Perhaps they get a good deal on price due to the volume they buy..?

Failing that if it looks too good to be true it usually is...proceed with caution.

Not the sort of job you want to do twice so in the long run i`d rather buy from a known source.

I have made some enquiries re the above and they sell those clutches far cheaper than anyone else in this area. My informant uses them regularly and says he has never had a problem, He does say that some stuff they sell is cheap tac but the clutches are spot on and people travel miles to get them.

Hmm interesting..... Think I will give them a call on Tuesday just to confirm everything and to make sure I can collect when I drive down to Portsmouth, looking at Google they are not that far off the M1 and ultimately if I get there and they try to sell me something other than a LUK Flywheel I can at least walk out the door and continue on my way.

Thanks for the info Arkwright, really appreciate you checking it out.