Mid silencer removed

gstraw

Hey

Just a quick post before I go to bed- got my mid silencer out today and it sounds epic. Just how the car should have been stock. Not too loud at all. Has a metallic rasp similar to the e46 m3.

I may add berks high flow cats now to increase the volume. I would recommend people do this mid first for the sake of £60 since it might be all your looking for.

The mid silencer is not restrictive in the slightest so no power gains. It's purely there to attenuate higher frequency notes by slowing the gas down at its fastest place- closest to the engine.

http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/gurjitsidhu/media/A5C00630-0907-4CD4-A375-0A9309AAE641.mp4.html

Edited by gstraw

• 2 months later...

With a few hundred miles on it, the car sounds sweet as a nut! I'm still to fit my berks cats which will open it up even further but what a difference these mid silencers have made. the start up sounds mean and then it goes back to stock until you get above 3k revs and it sounds really really OEM+.

i would recommend people try this before spending a lot on exhaust. cost me just £60. i'll put a video up when the berks are also fitted. hope its not too loud!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

iv done similar iv got test pipes, y pipe and standard from there and is very raspy but not that loud.

I'm getting the mid pipes taken out next week. does anyone know how i could combat the rasp to get more of a burble?

iv done similar iv got test pipes, y pipe and standard from there and is very raspy but not that loud.

I'm getting the mid pipes taken out next week. does anyone know how i could combat the rasp to get more of a burble?

Ark :lol:

photo_zps975e275f.jpg

Just my opinion but I don't think it's worth skimping on the exhaust for the 370. It's the car's weakest point in my view and yet it's easily sorted if you're prepared to shell out a grand or so. Not a small amount of money, but you get your money's worth from how much impact it makes on overall enjoyment of the car.

Hi GIXXERUK,

Just interested to know, is the diffuser painted black or have you had it vinyl wrapped, also have you also done the front fang's? I have the same Le Mans Blue and like the blue/black idea on the bumper's. Also if you don't mind me asking what is the cost?

Cheers, Colin. :)

just to butt in :p

i had my front and back bumpers vinyl wrapped like this and after a week they both began to peel. i have now removed them and redone in plastidip and is brilliant. would highly recommend and cost me only £30 (2 cans of plastidip)