Bootprint Damage - Any Ideas?

Stutopia

My old man's Zafira was parked in my usual spot last night and some tiny brained, tiny todgered tool has put a boot print in the tailgate. As you can see from the pics they've put a sizeable dent in there and paint is cracked at the top, just below the rear window. There's no CCTV nearby so that's a dead end sadly, you can only hope that karma works its way around in time and the idiots balls drop off.

IMG_3838_zpsf4e84851.jpg

IMG_3842_zps538ba5db.jpg

You reckon this could be pulled? Then a smart repair to the paint? Or find a breaker tailgate (they should be pretty common yeah?)

He's not too keen on splashing out on an insurance claim or a brad new tailgate, and he'll probably keep the car until it stops running, so it doesn't need to look perfect, just be presentable and stop any rust.

Open to suggestions, thanks.

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

How stupid are some people ! Hope his leg falls off , idiot !

If it was me i'd get a price off dent master or similar, that paint may need heat to flex ?

Otherwise see if you can get in the boot and push with you're foot

Edited by GIXXERUK

I was tempted to pop the trim off and push it out, but where it's cracked at the top I'm worried the paint will just go nuts. Then I'll be the d!ckhead instead of the POS that did the damage.

I'll have look for a local dent master.

• Like 1

I was tempted to pop the trim off and push it out, but where it's cracked at the top I'm worried the paint will just go nuts. Then I'll be the d!ckhead instead of the POS that did the damage.

I'll have look for a local dent master.

Run a hair dryer over the paint first and heat it up, it shouldn't crack if its hot.. :thumbs:

If you want to be safe rather than sorry, then get Dentmaster they are very good. :thumbs:

sorry to hear that but it should pull out. The Glass and top pressing will be strong and the bit that was pushed in is designed to crumple so should pop out again, Good luck with it and yes bad Karma on the muppet who did it?

Nightmare when some snot gobbling shite does this so feel for yer.

Insurance could be a shout though if its only going to cost 20% no claims when the rerpair bill for a new tailgate will be about £1000 plus.

We insure every year and often never claim but sometimes its worth doing the maths and getting it sorted.

Cheers gang, my old man's pretty TO'd at the minute, it's been at the end of a few other dramas of late and he's screwing that his insurer insist it comes under accidental damage and therefore his voluntary excess kicks in too.

If I'm perfectly honest, I was hugely relieved my Zed was round the back for a change, instead of in his space.