Would YOU sit there..??

WhackyWill

Likely to be at Grand Canyon later in year but there is NO way on this earth I would venture on to that!!!

FFS - it makes my palms sweat just looking at the picture!

Funny thing vertigo - doesn't bother me in an aircraft (regardless of size) but terrifies the bejeezus out of me on something like that!

Can you imagine what it took to build the darned thing! (uhoh there go the palms again...)

David

Likely to be at Grand Canyon later in year but there is NO way on this earth I would venture on to that!!!

FFS - it makes my palms sweat just looking at the picture!

Funny thing vertigo - doesn't bother me in an aircraft (regardless of size) but terrifies the bejeezus out of me on something like that!

Can you imagine what it took to build the darned thing! (uhoh there go the palms again...)

David

Would not catch me sitting anywhere near that!

Me neither. S*d that for a game of soldiers.

That skywalk reminds me of a story i heard about some massive tower which had a viewing platform around the outside of it with a glass floor on it. Apparently very few people would dare go out on it, so the owners basically covered half the floor with carpet (on top of the glass). People happily then would go out and walk about but when they came to a bit which wasnt covered by the carpet they would gingerly step slowly from the carpet to the glass etc... not realising that it was actually glass all the way around anyway. :lol:

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 2

Does anyone else get an very strong urge to jump when they are at places like that? Or is it just me?

Certainly not, it would be your last jump... :scare: :scare:

I know, but its really weird. Like when your at the edge of a cliff or on top of the eiffel tower, looking down, the first thing I think is I want to jump off! Maybe I should take up base jumping or something? :lol:

• Like 1

Yep that's what I meant about edges. Anywhere near a high up edge and can get an odd feeling of falling towards it. Don't like at all! Where as high up but moving like amusement rides, light aircraft anything like that then happy with heights, or if just not near the edge.

• Like 2