Body repair and spraying for scratches and cracks etc

SJ350z

Hi guys

My front bumper is in some need of love as it has a crack in from speed bumps and covered in stone chips :blackeye:

There are also some other minor scruffs on the car which have slowly starting to irritate me more and more. Looking at all the immaculate 350zs on here probably hasn't helped ha :lol:

Does anyone know if it will be possible to get it repaired to a top a* standard?

Check pictures below..

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

A rough price guideline for the work Will be great. I.e front bumper roughly £100 etc

Any comments and advice is welcomed as always :teeth:

SJ

Edited by SJ350z

Try Will at TGM Motorsport in Fleet, just had my R33 done there - handy for me, 30 mins drive. Or if you don't mind a trip up to Wembley way RT Performance do repairs and spray work.

Cost wise, no idea really, looking at cracks etc though and having a very wild punt, £200-300 a panel to a very good standard? I had my front bumper on the Zed just resprayed (so no repair) some time ago for around I think £250, that was a few years back.

Edited by coldel

Thanks for the reply mate.

Did TGM do a really good job? My biggest worry is matching my paint. It being a sunset and all :headhurt:.

Planning on doing it in stages perhaps so front bumper first, then the rear two nipples as I call them and the other little marks together.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Did TGM do a really good job? My biggest worry is matching my paint. It being a sunset and all :headhurt:.

Planning on doing it in stages perhaps so front bumper first, then the rear two nipples as I call them and the other little marks together.

You wont go wrong with TGM, Will and Tom have a very good reputation. Not cheap though.

Thanks for the responses guys !

Shane - I wont be able to get mine done for a few months yet but nothing wrong with getting a couple of recommendations early :) Will definitely keep an eye open for the pictures of your work.

I don't mind forking out a few squid if they do a top notch job. Nothing worse than having to go back to get it touched up or redone where they've bodged it. Think we can all agree on that one !

I'll be giving TGM a call when I've got the money. Reputation and good service means everything. My Zeds my baby :D :D :D

Thanks for the info again guys appreciated :)

I do love this forum :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys !

Shane - I wont be able to get mine done for a few months yet but nothing wrong with getting a couple of recommendations early :) Will definitely keep an eye open for the pictures of your work.

I don't mind forking out a few squid if they do a top notch job. Nothing worse than having to go back to get it touched up or redone where they've bodged it. Think we can all agree on that one !

I'll be giving TGM a call when I've got the money. Reputation and good service means everything. My Zeds my baby :D :D :D

Thanks for the info again guys appreciated :)

I do love this forum :thumbs:

Ask Will370z and Glrnet, they can't praise TGM highly enough. I've seen the work done on their cars and it is 10/10.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

you could easily take the bumper off and fibre glass the crack from behind. Then when set, buy some Upol Fantasy. Its the best and smoothest filler Ive ever used. Easy sandable with minimum of effort. Can be used as a stopper too. I think any guy with a bit of DIY in em could do this. Couple of days on it with fine grit and be like new. Take it to a paint shop to get blown over, would cost about £ 100 to 150 cash. Filler is about 20 bucks for a big 5ltr tin.

Have a go...what the worst thing that could happen???

• 2 months later...

My Gunmetal goes in for a front end re-spray and a gouge on the side panel near the rear wheel on the 11th April at http://www.vnrautoca.../#!repairs/cuy0 will put up some before and after pics when I get it back around the 18th April.

Any update on this Shane? Need to get my front bumper done too and was wondering about potential costs, mine's a gun metal too

Sorry about the late update.Toms I wouldn't bother with the place I used he did a lovely job on the gouge and the re-spray looked good but when I was washing my zed I managed to mark the paint with my finger nail as it was so soft and thin and that was after a month to let it settle also his maskin takes a lot to be desired as I have over spray on the front grill and one of the headlights that I've got to try and slowly rub off without doing any damage. Nice bloke and good customer service but his work isn't up to the type of standard that you would expect or want

on a car as beautiful as ours,sorry for the bad news :thumbdown: