Think it's going to be a 370z!

stuarty

Found you the perfect vehicle

mu9eve4a.jpg

Comes with added extras

eqyhepyp.jpg

Sent from the golf club...

That should be in the horse dung thread, easy to improve on 1hp though, I'm sure mark at abbey could help :thumbs:

Yep very easy to get an upPoop ;)

• Like 1

At some point today certain people are likely to pop up on this thread and take great pleasure in telling you much "better" the Cayman is. But if the Z is the car for you it really doesn't matter. Enjoy :)

I love my cars mate and TBH it's really only sports coupe's i like. I feel that there purpose built and are usually designed and built for one purpose, whereas hot hatches and super saloons are compromised because they are multi purpose. Don't get me wrong the M3, RS4 etc are awesome but are a after thought to a mass produced car.

Saying all that, it really doesn't take much to please me. I initially go for looks then power, handling etc. I can differentiate between sports car and know what i like and what i don't like but under no circumstances do i consider myself an expert and by no means a great driver.

I probably only ever tap into 60% of a cars true potential.

I feel that this is a good thing, it also means that I would probably never be able to compare sports cars properly, meaning that I'm actually easily pleased. Unlike some forum members who could tell you the difference between suspension set ups and breaks etc, i don't have a clue.

If it looks great, goes fast in a straight line, sounds good and is reliable then I'm a happy chappy. So moral of the story is that the Cayman S may be 20-30% better than the 370z but I would never notice.

Found you the perfect vehicle

mu9eve4a.jpg

Comes with added extras

eqyhepyp.jpg

How many horse power! Lol.

Just 1 but if you name it Nismo it goes up to 2 ;)

Do you think you would get any gains by fitting a panel filter? And where does it go?

Sounds like my 370Z (which i've just put up for sale on this forum) might be right up your street and it only has 12000 miles on it! :)

What are you getting instead?

I've placed an order for an M135i last Saturday. I'm at the point where I need rear seats (family reasons) so my beloved Z is up for sale. So although i'll lose the looks of the Z i'm still going to be driving something quite special. :)

Sounds like my 370Z (which i've just put up for sale on this forum) might be right up your street and it only has 12000 miles on it! :)

I've placed an order for an M135i last Saturday. I'm at the point where I need rear seats (family reasons) so my beloved Z is up for sale. So although i'll lose the looks of the Z i'm still going to be driving something quite special. :)

Nearly bought one myself! Great wee car!

Cracking compromise :thumbs:

Cracking compromise :thumbs:

Test drove it last Saturday and was very impressed especially with the 8 speed semi auto box. Managed to get 18% off list price which sealed the deal. Just need one of you nice people on here to buy my 370! :D

Test drove it last Saturday and was very impressed especially with the 8 speed semi auto box. Managed to get 18% off list price which sealed the deal. Just need one of you nice people on here to buy my 370! :D

If I was you i would buy it on the PCP there offering, £379 deposit £379 x 48 months with final payment and trade the 370z in and take what they give you as cash back.

I've always bought my cars cash and tried to negotiate a good deal. Regarding the trade-in they would not take into account the quality of the mods on my car and the last thing I want to do is start removing them. Thing is my 370Z is so mint I'm sure whoever views it will want it and hopefully it will be someone on this forum.

• Like 1

Go for the 370 mate. It draws attention every where, I've probably had as many compliments on it in the first couple of months as I did the year and a half I had a 350. Porsches are boring to look at and until you get in to the big money sound pretty crap too.....(although so does the 370 with a stock exhaust). I personally couldn't care less about the badge on the front....I wouldn't even look twice at any of the other cars you mentioned if they drove past me.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I found the Cayman to be too clinical for my liking and the pre 2012 cars are a bit too girly looking IMO.

Out of curiosity, have you tried a 911? There are some nice 997 for about £30K out there, 996 turbos, or even air cooled engines.

Now these are at least 7 years old cars with a history of fragile engines for about the same price as a new Z. Still both are tempting to me. I need a test drive...

Also used V8 Jaguar XK come to my mind. But again, I doubt these would beat a Japanese car for reliability.

• Like 1