final drive + lsd

olliethewollie

Kaaz 2 way converted to 1.5 - Awesome piece of kit mate :thumbs:

Never had any problems with it and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. Only issue if you want to be fussy is it will set the traction control light off on low speed corners as it does make the wheels scrabble a bit - First thing I do when I start my car is turn TCS off so no problem :)

2 way Kaaz for me set at 60% lock with very mild chatter or clunking during slow turn.

I did try the 80% lock however found to be a tad to aggressive

Alex. :)

+1 with Alex. I have a cusco 2way set at 60% too. I left the original 100% locking it came with and was too snappy for road use. The best discovery I made recently is the motul 90PA LSD oil. Almost gets rid of the chatter/clunking and its now smooth as butter.

LSD is one of the best mods you'd ever do to the zed.

I bought my cusco cheaper than market price if not would have got the Kaaz with WOC coated plates for quietness and longevity but so far there is no visible wear on the plates.

Tomei sells a combo deal of LSD and 3.9 FD and a good price.

2 way Kaaz for me set at 60% lock with very mild chatter or clunking during slow turn.

I did try the 80% lock however found to be a tad to aggressive

Alex. :)

+1 with Alex. I have a cusco 2way set at 60% too. I left the original 100% locking it came with and was too snappy for road use. The best discovery I made recently is the motul 90PA LSD oil. Almost gets rid of the chatter/clunking and its now smooth as butter.

LSD is one of the best mods you'd ever do to the zed.

I bought my cusco cheaper than market price if not would have got the Kaaz with WOC coated plates for quietness and longevity but so far there is no visible wear on the plates.

Tomei sells a combo deal of LSD and 3.9 FD and a good price.

Where can I get the tome combo?

• 3 weeks later...

Cheapest I've seen the 3.9 FD is here. You will need to import it, and account for additional parts and installation (Zmanalex can do it I believe).

http://www.thenismoshop.com/Nissan-Final-Drive-Gear-Sets-Ring-and-Pinion--350z-G35_p_69.html

Semi-interested myself in the 3.9 FD. Probably a far more cost-effective modification for a road car than remaps, plenum spacer's and HFC's, and slightly surprised its not more popular..

• Like 1

How do these compare to the factory LSD? I understand facory is 25% lock, right?

They dont. We are talking about proper mechanical diffs here, and while I rate the OE diff its a viscous type so doesnt even come close to the performance of these 1.5 and 2 ways :)

• Like 1

We can supply and have given Ollie a price. Also we can supply the required fitting kit and fit to your donor unit or supply one built on an exchange basis :)

Take it you referring to LSD's Ewen?

Yes Ross, we can also supply an FD as well.

Oh really...

• Like 1

How do these compare to the factory LSD? I understand facory is 25% lock, right?

They dont. We are talking about proper mechanical diffs here, and while I rate the OE diff its a viscous type so doesnt even come close to the performance of these 1.5 and 2 ways :)

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing these are a kind of torque sensing type diff, like a Torsen or Quaife? What is the difference with 1.5 way and 2 way?