Starting issue... :(

Wayne350

needs some help, 350 wont start but stereo, windows and lights work. ignition turns on but when i turn the key it does one click,

i drove it to work this morning but was not starting when i left to go home. anyone had this issue? help is much appreciated :)

^^ What they said for starters.

Failing that is it a UK or JDM Zed?

Standard Uk alarm system or an aftermarket one as you find on a lot of JDM's? Could be an immobilizer issue maybe?! :dry:

If it's a UK Zed you are depressing the clutch I assume when your trying to start it then? Silly I know but not unheard of for new owners to forget to do it. :lol:;)

haven't tried jumping it as i was at work about to drive home :(

yes i have the clutch pressed haha.

its a UK 04 plate, and i am hoping its not immobilizer issue. i have just bought a new battery from halfords and going to fit it tomorrow if that doesn't fix it i have been told to check the clutch switch

so i fitted the £80 battery this morning still the same so thats going back! haha, then had to pay £100 for breakdown cover and the AA came out and said 99% starter motor.. bump started it and worked so looking a a starter motor now, how much are they usually and are they hard to fit?

PM received and replied to:

Fully working preowned starter motors are in stock and good to go same/next day.

Alex. :)

I had the same issue about 18 months ago and bought a preowned one from ZMANALEX :thumbs: