Plasti Dip

AG350z

Hi everyone, thought i would try out some this plasti dip as curious to see for myself the finish and wear etc. Just picked up a Zunsport grill and thought great excuse to get some and spray the lip black... make it look a little tidier. The coverage looks good so far and plenty left in the can so decided to do the badged also. Have pics will get them up soon!

• Like 1

Good job I've plastidipped everything lol I'm waiting for everywhere to restock in black so I can finish bits off! Buy in bulk you will always run out haha

It's a slippery I started doing exactly the bits you did now the whole car is nearly two tone

Edited by jumping350

Good job I've plastidipped everything lol I'm waiting for everywhere to restock in black so I can finish bits off! Buy in bulk you will always run out haha

It's a slippery I started doing exactly the bits you did now the whole car is nearly two tone

Haha, ye its a bit like pringles i guess once you pop etc. Seen loads of guys in states doing complete cars etc...but then their weather isn't quite as testing as ours ...normally.

That's looking good! Like the effect it has on the front. Makes for a bigger mouth.

Seems a straight forward thing to do then?

It should stand up pretty well to the elements I would have thought.

Ye really easy, i recently refurbed my wheels.. lots of bubbling etc and that took days! this was just clean down the area, make sure dry and be patient when dong it. Protect the radiator at front etc....hardest part was taking the blooming grill on and off ! But ye makes the front look more complete i think.

Looks good.

I've just done my lip for the second time. First time lasted about 18 months, but I didn't do it particularly well in the first place.

Two things ruined mine - I went to a polish car wash and to try and get a dead fly off they put the jet wash lance point blank and it put a cut in the plastidip that a bit of water got under lifting a tiny bit. This wasn't too visible until up close. I had used a pressure washer on it many times before without issue, so just don't go too close with the lance.

The nail in the coffin was when I changed my front plate. I used 'stickystuff remover' to clean off the remaining 3m tape glue and some dripped down onto the lip, the plastidip just melts with this kind of stuff on it, so had to remove it all.

Looks good.

I've just done my lip for the second time. First time lasted about 18 months, but I didn't do it particularly well in the first place.

Two things ruined mine - I went to a polish car wash and to try and get a dead fly off they put the jet wash lance point blank and it put a cut in the plastidip that a bit of water got under lifting a tiny bit. This wasn't too visible until up close. I had used a pressure washer on it many times before without issue, so just don't go too close with the lance.

The nail in the coffin was when I changed my front plate. I used 'stickystuff remover' to clean off the remaining 3m tape glue and some dripped down onto the lip, the plastidip just melts with this kind of stuff on it, so had to remove it all.

Good to know it lasts ....well until pressure washer sabotage haha.

Off topic - Just realised this is in the 370z section, thats why I couldn't find it when I was looking for this thread :lol:

On Topic - I keep seeing people say they are waiting for stock to order etc. What is the price to wait for? Did a google search and the first link I came across had plenty of stock for black..

http://www.plastidip.co.uk/

http://www.plastidip.co.uk/eStore/index.cfm?Plastidip_Aerosol_Spray_-_400ml&stage=3&colour=Black,Blue,Clear,Yellow,White,Red,Green,Orange,Brown,Gun_Metal_Grey&pid=PDL-0009

Off topic - Just realised this is in the 370z section, thats why I couldn't find it when I was looking for this thread :lol:

On Topic - I keep seeing people say they are waiting for stock to order etc. What is the price to wait for? Did a google search and the first link I came across had plenty of stock for black..

http://www.plastidip.co.uk/

http://www.plastidip...ey&pid=PDL-0009

Hi, i was looking for the black and seemed to have it in stock on amazon...I did check plasti dip uk but it was 18 pounds think i saved about 40p.....It looks like in the states its about a third of the price.

I've ordered some yay, I've used white col but you would need a shed load to cover colour underneath especially if it's dark, I'm getting glossifier to and glossing everything I've done so far so will take some pics,. I've got pretty good with bendy tape recently which gives you the ability to dip anything then lol

I've ordered some yay, I've used white col but you would need a shed load to cover colour underneath especially if it's dark, I'm getting glossifier to and glossing everything I've done so far so will take some pics,. I've got pretty good with bendy tape recently which gives you the ability to dip anything then lol

Ah ok, maybe I will just use paints, just thought the plasti dip would have been a nice safe way of trying out what my dash surround would look like in white on the R33! So the colour underneath is black...

Ah ok, maybe I will just use paints, just thought the plasti dip would have been a nice safe way of trying out what my dash surround would look like in white on the R33! So the colour underneath is black...

Wonder if it's possible to spray over platidip? I.e. use a grey colour to act as a primer layer, then go white on top?

the dash would work i would think Col, i may even have some white in the cupboard you can try it out on if you want , il have a look when i get in from work.

My car is silver and when i did a panel it took a considerably amount to make it pure white without a dull tinge underneath, I would of thought on smaller items like a dash would be much easier

Edited by jumping350