Piston rings :( ----> Car Now Sold :(

FUG

:lol:

Currently have no car and money in the bank

what to get next as a temporary stop gap?

Only looking to spend around £5k-6k , reliable and cheap to run which isn't going to put me off driving ?!? :scare:

Only looking to spend around £5k-6k , reliable and cheap to run which isn't going to put me off driving ?!? :scare:

Lots to chose from Golf R32, BMW maybe. There a recent thread on here about cars in that price range. :thumbs:

Why on earth are you looking to spend that much? :wacko::surrender:

This has now given me a kick up the back side to save hard to move out by next year. This does however mean getting a 'sensible' run around

If you're trying to save up and move out then why waste all that cash on a "sensible run around". You're obviously barking or just loaded. :dry:

Have a look at what 14N got as a sensible run about for less than £2K. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81561-my-clio-182-daily-driver-new-bits-on-their-way/

That's the sort of thing you should be looking at imo if you are only after a run about that you can still enjoy driving. For the cash you're on about spending I'd have just fixed the Zed as there is no way it would have cost that much to fix.

No your right , but the money I Have to spend is what I got for the zed ... I don't want to touch savings

At the same time I want a car that isn't going to break down every day as I do a lot of miles for work , hence a 500 pound banger is out of the question lol

By sensible a car that is cheap to run , insure etc so I save money on a monthly basis but doesn't look like your nan would drive it

Hey Fug, I bought my '04 GTZed with full NSH, piles of paperwork including original delivery note with @ 75K on the clock and haven't had any trouble at all (bar a drivers door window motor which was repaired under warranty), Its also my daily driver and it cost me just under £7k 2 years ago, so you could effectively get yourself another Zed without wasting money on a runabout.