Hi from South Africa

Hi All

i'm from South Africa and the proud owner of a silver 350z

my profession is an accountant but i'm more into general management

i'm seriously considering emigrating to UK and have already started selling some of my assets

was going to sell my 350z but wife was against it (my heart's also not inclined to sell it)

thus, i'm looking at shipping it to UK

would appreciate any pointers as to what is required as well as references to reliable shipping companies

TIA

regards

Iqbal

Welcome to the site. Really, don't emigrate to the UK. Why do you think there are so many brits leaving?

I can't help with logistics if your heart is set on it!

What area of the UK are you interested in?

Welcome mate! :thumbs: I think your about our third African correspondent.

Note that all of us saying "don't do it" are from Northern England and Scotland. Are you ready for the cold? :cold:

Unless you've heavily modded your Zed wouldn't it make more sense to sell yours and buy another when you get here?

Welcome mate, I agree with digsy it would make more sence to sell yours and buy another when you get here, but if you are set on bringing it over then there are several companies that can do this for you, it all comes under logistics but it wont be cheap. Ill pm you some company names nevertheless.

If you come to England try coming to the south of England near London, I think everybody will agree its the better place out of the UK :p;)

Hellowelcome to the forum, and may I take this opportunity to try and persuade you not to bother coming to the UK....really... it is not worth it.

If you import it , apart from the shipping, you'll probably need to have it Homologated to UK requirements...

I am guessing you'll need

headlamp conversions,

RR fog light addition

Change KM/H to MPH

and i guess other bits and bobs...

SVA is the name of the test (Single Vehicle Approval)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Bu ... DG_4022105

you'll have to get a garage to do it and it will be charges at top rate because it won't have been imported through them...

You are better off getting yourself a Jap grey import or UK spec which should be relatively cheap, and more hassle free than the transport...

This is unless you already have given her a name like Eleanor, and talk to her daily, and have impure thoughts involving Eleanor. In which case I can understand you want to bring her with you...

My SuZi gets very jealous and lonely if I don't speak to her daily and caress her tight leather clad ... ermm better stop now... :blush:

WELCOME ANYWAY!

;)

thanx for all the welcomes guys

there's a coupla reasons for wanting to come over

1. my wife has 2 sisters in UK - in Manchester and Bradford - they are quite happy there and would love us to join them

2. crime in SA has become even more out of hand - i have 5 kids, eldest 9yo and i'm scared to let them outta my sight, even on short trips to the stores - definitely can't send around the corner for a few minutes even - you may end up never seeing them again/ seeing them in a morgue

our SA spec cars are supposedly based on the Euro specs so i don't think it will be much of a hassle - didn't know you guys use MPH instead of KMH?

don't have any major mods on the car but, if i sell it, will only get half of what i paid for it - so, it seems it would be better to ship it?

weather-wise, i love the climate in SA but also love the rain - i'm an easygoing bloke and should adapt easily

any pointers job-wise? I'm 38yo, have over 15 years experience in Business, Accounting, Management and highly computer literate

qualifications - National Diploma in Accounting; used to be member of Commercial and Financial Accountants; Certificate in Management Development Program; numerous computer certificates and courses

thanx

regards

Iqbal