Fast n' Loud / Gas Monkey Garage

14N

Big fan! Plan to stop by his shop and bar if running when I go to TX in the summer������

Bennett, you gotta get me a t-shirt! I'll even be your beer assistant in Wales if you do :thumbs:

http://www.amazon.co...sl_1pap3vm6i5_b

I've been after the hoody for as long as the shows been on TV... they;re about £40 on ebay, but only £28 incl delivery on amazon, so i ordered one today! Cheers GSEXR.

I've been after the hoody for as long as the shows been on TV... they;re about £40 on ebay, but only £28 incl delivery on amazon, so i ordered one today! Cheers GSEXR.

Which one did you get mate? They appear to be £40 on the amazon link above.

Just trying to figure out which t-shirt to get. At least it'll save me being Bennett's beer assistant.

Richard Rawlings is a legend. The tattoo on his arm is a reference to his record...

According to legend, in the 1990s Richard took a bullet when he came across a carjacker attempting to steal his 1965 Mustang 2+2. Richard Rawlings is also a passionate transcontinental racer. He has participated in several rallies. He holds the world record for fastest time in the Cannonball Run. To break that record, which had stood since 1979, Rawlings traveled 2811 miles from New York to Los Angeles in 31 hours and 59 minutes. That equates to an average driving speed of 87.6 MPH. He has also won both the Gumball 3000 and The Bullrun an unprecedented two times a piece.

Ah yes, Rawlings did the "Cannonball" in 31 hours 59 minutes about 6 months after Alex Roy (Team Polizei) had already done the same run in 31 hours and 4 seconds.However, Roy didnt anounce that he had already beaten the record until 12 months after doing so in case he would get arrested for it so Rawlings thought he was the new record holder and had it tattooed on his arm. Once Roy announced he had already broken the record and had GPS data to prove it, Rawlings (& his co driver Dennis) took it quite badly and even now dispute it as Roy used a different starting point to what they did. At end of the day Roy did 2800miles and Rawlings did 2811 miles or something, and both used starting points which had been used in previous cannonball runs as there was no real official starting point.

Guess it doesnt matter now really as the record has now been broken again as of Oct last year by some young guy who did it in 28 hours odd in a Mercedes.

I think it's new, unless I missed the last one :blush:

Sent from the golf club...

Yep its a new series, was aired in the US at end of last year and just being aired over here now.

I do enjoy watching Fast & Loud, although its so obviously staged its ridiculous. Especially the buying / selling side of things where they seem to pluck numbers out of thin air and Rawlings loves pretending he has loads of money to throw about etc whereas 9/10 he wheels out his mate Dennis who does actually have cash for any big buys such as the F40.

In the early days the show was quite dubious in their little back street lockup. I remember seeing Aaron announce he was going to lower a car and proceed to cut the springs down with an angle grinder. Something which in the UK is an MOT fail as the springs would just pop straight out of their mounts if you hit big bumps in the road - i know as ive done it before :lol:. They then proceeded to sell the car to a bloke who wanted it for his 16 year old son as his first car. Talk about dangerous. However, since they moved to their new site they seem to have become a lot more professional.

Interestingly ive got to go to Dallas for a conference in May, which isnt far from Gas Monkey Garage and so im toying with the idea of visiting them.

Don't forget Street Outlawz, Rodz & wheels (Think FnL but even cheesier) and a new show that started last week called Car Hoards.

UK is way behind on the Fast N Loud schedule :( Downloading US TV shows FTW :ninja:

Don't forget Street Outlawz, Rodz & wheels (Think FnL but even cheesier) and a new show that started last week called Car Hoards.

UK is way behind on the Fast N Loud schedule :( Downloading US TV shows FTW :ninja:

New wheeler dealers, car hoarders and car SOS starting this week.., busy busy busy :lol:

They are all staged but who cares, they have cars in them B)

Top gear is choreographed

New wheeler dealers, car hoarders and car SOS starting this week.., busy busy busy :lol:

What Sky channels & what times if you know please? Thanks.

Not too keen on Wheeler Dealers (as Ian mentioned Brewer is a prat) but would love to watch them all just for the cars really. ;)

• Like 1

What Sky channels & what times if you know please? Thanks.

Not too keen on Wheeler Dealers (as Ian mentioned Brewer is a prat) but would love to watch them all just for the cars really. ;)

520 discovery Hd 9pm wheeler dealers, 10pm extreme car hoarders

526 nat geo new car sos 8pm and 9pm .....repeated later

all on tonight :thumbs:

• Like 1

Which one did you get mate? They appear to be £40 on the amazon link above.

Just trying to figure out which t-shirt to get. At least it'll save me being Bennett's beer assistant.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monkey-Garage-Blood-Sweat-Hoodie/dp/B00IE9TATQ/ref=sr_1_30?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1395692817&sr=1-30&keywords=gas+monkey+garage