Best UK roads for a road trip?

akewt

Hello guys

I want to do a little weekend away with the missus and wanted to get some suggestions on where the best roads are in terms of being picturesque, good to drive and quiet.

I was thinking Wales perhaps, but where? Are there some famous roads out there?

Cheers for any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Wales- A4069 in brecons. I turned around and did this about 4 times!! Also some lovely back roads to Aberystwyth and around Rhayader.

As said you must go to Elan Valley and also around the slate mines area (forget where that is now but pretty sure it's north of Elan Valley). If I'm honest I didnt like the Evo Triangle.

Evo triangle is where they road tested the Evo's funily enough!

Hello guys

I want to do a little weekend away with the missus and wanted to get some suggestions on where the best roads are in terms of being picturesque, good to drive and quiet.

I was thinking Wales perhaps, but where? Are there some famous roads out there?

Cheers for any suggestions.

:lol: you're going away with the mrs and you not concerned with where, just the roads that take you there ..... Top man :thumbs:

Another vote the evo, snowdonia, Brecon beacons

• Like 1

Wales- A4069 in brecons. I turned around and did this about 4 times!! Also some lovely back roads to Aberystwyth and around Rhayader.

As said you must go to Elan Valley and also around the slate mines area (forget where that is now but pretty sure it's north of Elan Valley). If I'm honest I didnt like the Evo Triangle.

Evo triangle is where they road tested the Evo's funily enough!

Slate mines are in llechwedd :thumbs:

• Like 1

:lol: you're going away with the mrs and you not concerned with where, just the roads that take you there ..... Top man :thumbs:

Another vote the evo, snowdonia, Brecon beacons

HA! Let's just hope she doesn't read the forums!!! :scare:

• Like 1