Pressure washing

pcw1982

I was wondering if anyone uses a pressure washer on the z?

I am looking to get one for the patio etc but having done a bit of reading it recommend 'medium use' (100-110 bar) for cars but 'heavy use' (110-130 bar) for patios etc.

So basically wondered if anyone has a high pressure unit that they use on the z, the paintwork on the z is a bit thin so wondered if a high pressure one might do some damage?

Any recommendations appreciated.

Nilfisk ones are decent. You can then get a snow foam lance on Detailing World to help with a pre-wash. You will need some sort of lance on the end though otherwise the water just dribbles out. Think AutoBrite do one on DW for around £40.

You can get the Nilfisk ones on offer a couple of times a year so worht looking out for a deal.

Thanks Grundy, I was just looking there now, forgot to go there first, I always head to the general forum, bad form I know.

What do you think of the K2 performance, is is powerful enough?

Was perfect. Picked it up from Argos just after Xmas (Was in the region of #100 pounds) Came with all the extensions you need - Patio Cleaner, 3 Different Lances, Snow Foam bottle.

I'm not expert on Pressure washers, but seems to do the trick, haven't noticed any paint strip off my car yet :lol:

This is it. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7420391.htm

Thanks Tom, will head there shortly.

Thanks Grundy, that one is £85 on Amazon at the moment so even better. Have you used it on a patio or similar? Just wonder if its a but underpowered for that, problem is next model up is £100 more!

Got a link to the amazon one? Because there is one on Argos which is 20/30 cheaper but it doesn't have all the extensions etc.

Not used it on a patio, but lets just say it hurts your hand when you put it in front of the jet :lol:

Nilfisk are better than Karcher because many of the internals are made from metal in the Nilfisk and are plastic in the Karcher . That said for occasional use the Karchers are fine and good value for money

• Like 1

If you keep the tip well away from the paint and also use it at an angle (not straight on) it should push most big stuff off, without doing any damage. Not for engine bays for me, unless you know exactly what electrics you're covering up and have some brave pants.

I've got a K2, it's ace. I use it on the Zed mostly, but also on the patio (without attachment, just blasting away with the jet) does a great job, even done the windows with it. Only negatives for me, the supplied hose (from unit to lance) is a bit short, so I bought an extension. The karcher foam thing was rubbs, unless it's thrown in for free, get a proper one from polished bliss or similar for snow foaming.

Quite tempted to try the underbody attachment and see if it will a) go underneath my sidesteps and 2) help keep corrosion at bay.

Thanks Rich that good advice, also recommended by Tom so I'll check them out too.

The base model on Amazon is very similar spec and much the same price too but shouts about the metal pump so must be a good thing!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-C110-4-5-PC-Pressure/dp/B00AZKE2HC/ref=sr_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1394454535&sr=1-1&keywords=nilfisk+pressure+washers#productDetails

+1 regarding the K2. Got mine from B&Q on special a year ago. It's been fine for snow foam fun and general blasting. Just don't blast it when the car is still dirty - prewash and low pressure rinse, then normal 2 bucket wash, then turn up the force but stand back a bit further. Seems to give a wet but dry effect then, easy for toweling.

Just as an aside, whereabouts are you based? I got a Nilfisk I bought on recommendation for my Zed, I think I used it about three times on both the patio and the car. If you are close-by you can take it off me for a very reasonable price :teeth: its just sat in the loft unused for the last 18 months or so.

With regards to pressure, I never sprayed my car direct with a pressure washer, literally stood back and used it for rinsing.

Snow foam is the most fun part of washing the car, other than standing back at the end a taking a pic to whore on here :teeth:

Other things that can* be snow foamed:

- neighbours gardens/walls/cars within about 15 feet

- yourself if it's windy

- yours or someone else pets that think it's acceptable to walk over your paintwork

- gulls which thinks it's acceptable to sh!t on a Zed

*can should say MUST NOT

• Like 2