Clutch pedal too high, after having new clutch fitted

gort

Hi Guys.

just got the car back from having a new clutch fitted, and the clutch pedal travels up too high, I'm sure it was set below the brake pedal before, is this a easy fix, or will I need to take it back to the garage.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I had mine upgraded recently and the biting point is higher, it took me some getting used to but no problems with it.

How high? Is it now uncomfortable to drive? I'm not sure it is even adjustable.

Cheers

Was the clutch fluid changed at the same time?

If it was it's likely fine. Before you would have had dodgy fluid which probably wasn't returning the pedal back to where it should be.

The zed has a silly high pedal and biting point anyway, that's why so many of us adjust the pedal.

Was the clutch fluid changed at the same time?

If it was it's likely fine. Before you would have had dodgy fluid which probably wasn't returning the pedal back to where it should be.

The zed has a silly high pedal and biting point anyway, that's why so many of us adjust the pedal.

Is that possible with the helper spring fitted and if that was the case the cruise wouldn't work if fitted

the biting point is just off the floor now, as apposed to being nearly at the top with the old clutch, there also seems to be fair amount of travel play before you can feel any resistance, is that normal?

No, its not floppy, it's that you have to press it a fair way down before there's any resistance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I mean. New slave will most likely fix it.