Very good

japcarsbrett

I have owned my zed for over a week now and i must say i am very impressed with it.

Before i bought the zed i owned for 2 years a 1994 MK4 toyota supra 3.0 ltr twin turbo, It was a beast, and i was very sad to see her go, i thought I'm never going to like a zed anywhere as much but to be perfectly honest i really love it, and i thought i know they will be nippy but not as quick as my supra but man these cars a very quick for what they are a 3.5 ltr V6 Na engine that is a heavy car and has no turbos like my supra to make up for the weight these zeds are really quick, i drove a rev-up model and NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE that has the rev-up model I didn't think they felt as torquey all through the gears as the older DE model that i bought. I drove both models and I chose the older model as it was less mileage, a bit cheaper, the lovely blue colour, less stone chips on the front has a brand new MOT and full service a week before i bought it and cheaper tax :D though I know that's irrelevant it's still money I'm saving each year.

I have now booked tickets to the japfest first year i have gone up not in a convoy of supra's which was good each year but all they wanted to do was over take everything and as i couldn't remember all the stops i had to keep up :angry: I even said why over take everything when everyone knows the supras are quick i hate speeding on the motorway especially on a day like japfest as you know the police are everywhere waiting to catch ya, I was worried for weeks if i got a fine luckily nothing mind you I did back off a lot :D. So this year i look forward to meeting some of you that will be going to the japfest this year it will be good to meet you guys.

So all in all I'm very pleased with the 350z all over a very lovely designed car, and it's a lot better on fuel then my supra was :lol:

• Like 2

I'm very pleased with it :teeth: .

Yep I'll agree with that and i never thought i'd say or admit that as i said i couldn't see anything beating my supra but i think the zed has done that especially now I'm used to it ;)

Know what you mean as I had an JDM Impreza WRX that I sunk thousands into ~ tbh I really wish I'd bought a Zed back then instead as I know now it's a better car in so many ways for me.

Don't get me wrong as I loved my Impreza and the rush from a 4wd turbo is incredible, ...but the Zed just feels like more of a real drivers car and just seems to effortlessly eat up the road in front of it. Plus it's proving more reliable as a daily driver which is what I need. :thumbs:

Pics?

here's a link to the pics of my zed http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82206-recent-new-member-now-i-have-a-350z/

I'm very pleased with it :teeth: .

Yep I'll agree with that and i never thought i'd say or admit that as i said i couldn't see anything beating my supra but i think the zed has done that especially now I'm used to it ;)

Know what you mean as I had an JDM Impreza WRX that I sunk thousands into ~ tbh I really wish I'd bought a Zed back then instead as I know now it's a better car in so many ways for me.

Don't get me wrong as I loved my Impreza and the rush from a 4wd turbo is incredible, ...but the Zed just feels like more of a real drivers car and just seems to effortlessly eat up the road in front of it. Plus it's proving more reliable as a daily driver which is what I need. :thumbs:

I spent some money on my supra too not too much but i got it up to 380bhp doing basic performance upgrades and the zed is all standard and it really surprisingly hasn't made like 100bhp feel as massive difference.

The zed really is what you call a true drivers car i really enjoy driving it and like you i use it as a daily car too just like my supra and that never let me down even though it was 20 years old! so i have no dout (hopefully) the zed won't let me down either ;)

NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE that has the rev-up model I didn't think they felt as torquey all through the gears as the older DE model that i bought.

Having had both the DE and rev-up models I share that finding entirely :thumbs:

But the creature comforts of the rev-up and useful updates helped to balance out the "fors" & "againsts", and whilst the tax difference is frustrating (often quoted as a reason for choosing a DE), the running costs of 350's generally are not cheap so as to make that consideration inconsequential, especially now the age/mileage is bound to lead to increasing maintenance costs.

NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE that has the rev-up model I didn't think they felt as torquey all through the gears as the older DE model that i bought.

Having had both the DE and rev-up models I share that finding entirely :thumbs:

+1, but substitute Rev-up for HR in my case. Only driven a rev-up about 4 miles but I'll take your word for it :).

Pete