potential new 350 owner

big_joe

Evening all. This is my first post on here, I'm looking at picking up a 350z on the weekend and looking for some advice.

For the past few years I've always had a daily diesel and a fun car for weekends and a few track days. Now I'm considering selling both and getting a car that can cover all bases, commuting and b-road blasting with 3-4 track days a year. I came up with the 350z for this...my only concern is it may be too cruiser and less racer for me? What's it like on track, it's pretty heavy which concerns me a bit, but most of the reviews I've read have been glowing?

Currently my toy car is a jap import civic ek9 type R with a few track mods, I've had imprezas, mr2 turbo and some other jap machinery in the past. Is the 350 the car I'm looking for? Big engine in the front and RWD sounds great to me, but as said 1500kg concerns me a little in the fun stakes. Opinions welcomed and sorry for the long post!

Welcome to the forum iv never done. Track day but have owned focas St,s and turbo cars in the past and I like the zed still after 2.1/2 years off ownership , and it's a fun car to drive, but plenty on here drift and do track days I it can't be to bad .... and if u get one and not happy with the power supercharge it for about 5k then u will be more than happy :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum iv never done. Track day but have owned focas St,s and turbo cars in the past and I like the zed still after 2.1/2 years off ownership , and it's a fun car to drive, but plenty on here drift and do track days I it can't be to bad .... and if u get one and not happy with the power supercharge it for about 5k then u will be more than happy :-)

To be honest I'm fed up with modifying cars....it's a never ending cycle :D. I just want something I can drive and enjoy that will hold up pretty well on road and track!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Love my 350 and I've had a fair few fast Jap cars before it including a JDM Impreza WRX and an EP3 Type R. It's a different type of driving machine obviously to those two mentioned but still a great all round car imo & very capable on track.

Take a look at this Zed on track and tell me that doesn't look like fun;

Also it can drift too if needed;

B):D

• Like 2

Maybe I should just take the plunge then, I have a deal set up for Sunday, part x my Type R for a 2006 zed. Guess I'm just getting cold feet and needed a bit of reassurance that the 350 is the way to go :)
just have a good read on here on what to check when getting different models :-)

To be honest I'm fed up with modifying cars....it's a never ending cycle :D. I just want something I can drive and enjoy that will hold up pretty well on road and track!

haha that's what I said lol

I've been doing plenty of research, looks like a great forum. Anything specific to look out for on a 2006 (300 model), aside from the ordinary? It does have 95k, but full service history and my research tells me mileage isn't really an issue if looked after? Cheers!

:welcome: The Zed is by far the best car I've had. Love every second when driving it. As for the forum, depsite not having officially met any of you, I can say that it's a great place for any Zed owner as the advice and banter is good. I have also learned tons since I joined up! :thumbs:

I got to that point :( didnt last long.... I bought the 350z for commuting and day-to-day driving, having my other car for fun and long drives.

At first I didnt get on the Z, but then I went a intro to drifting day and it was great fun! So have decided to keep the car, do a few choice mods (brakes, coilovers and wheels) and will use it to learn a few tracks and get a start in drifting :) Will lighten the car as I go.... still needs to be used on the road.