New 370z owner from Glasgow

Hi All,

Ive been a long time fan of the 370z, but only recently bit the bullet and went for one! Its one of them cars that is said to myself, "i must own" and im chuffed i got it!

Not the sensible choice, as i currently do around 20k miles a year and use the car for work, but the heart won this toss up! :lol:

Surprisingly, my insurance is around £700 for the year, which considering im 24, i think is reasonable.

Car history is as follows:

1. 52 Honda Civic 1.4 (EP1) CTR bumpers and interior. Silver. 88hp.

2. 55 Seat Leon 2.0 TDI Sport. Cupra bumpers. Red. 140hp.

3. 06 Mazda 3 2.0 Sport. Blue. 150hp.

4. 09 Mazda 3 2.3 MPS Aero. Red. 288hp.

5. 07 VW Passat 2.0 TDI Sport Saloon. Silver. 140hp.

6. 12 Mazda 3 2.3 MPS. Silver. 260hp.

7. 09 Mercedes C250 CDI Sport Saloon. White. 201hp.

8. 10 Nissan 370Z GT. Black. 320hp.

The MPS's were both quick, but this is just an animal in comparison!!

The car is a 2010 GT in Black with Connect Premium pack, with the usual trimmings you all know and see! The previous owner had a custom decatted straight through exhuast fitted, which sounds fantastic, but as a daily driver it is just a touch too loud for me. My plan is to buy and couple 12" bottle resonators and weld them in.

Anyway, here a some photos, and a couple videos! :D

Hope to meet some of you soon!

IMG_4596_zps9c3b4df8.jpg

IMG_4597_zps42a1e956.jpg

IMG_4592_zpscfe5fdd2.jpg

IMG_4591_zps37c94eac.jpg

IMG_4589_zpscf8a6ebd.jpg

IMG_4588_zps1f992c02.jpg

IMG_4587_zps9ad88574.jpg

IMG_4586_zpsd6ea14bd.jpg

IMG_4585_zpsa1411221.jpg

IMG_4583_zpsdc78f1ac.jpg

IMG_4580_zps108be7d8.jpg

IMG_4579_zpsfbb23184.jpg

IMG_4578_zps8eaef8af.jpg

IMG_4577_zpsf73e72e4.jpg

IMG_4572_zps49bb7b77.jpg

IMG_4569_zps7864735a.jpg

IMG_4565_zps6848e01f.jpg

IMG_4564_zps92a6d546.jpg

IMG_4563_zps92b3515f.jpg

IMG_4561_zpsde586960.jpg

IMG_4558_zps89aace98.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Yeah absolutely love the car, and it sounds like an animal. Unfortunately 7am cold starts and driving across the country to various sites means it isnt ideal! Im hoping the resonators will dull down the drone, and make it a little more civilised :lol:

:welcome:

Beautiful looking car there Ross.

Will you be keeping it for only a year though?

I have no idea!! I have a habit of changing cars very often. :lol: My last Merc only lasted 4 months before i got bored. The MPS prior to that was 10 months, and the Passat was 5 months. With that said, ive actually made a profit on my last few cars, so im not daft and loosing money on them!

My honest plan right now would be to run the car until August, and look to get a second car as a runabout, around the £2.5k mark. That could change!!

Welcome aboard mate! Nice looking car, what part of sunny Glasgow you from?

Im in the Southside mate. Work is based out near Wishaw, but im working all over just now (Greenock, Glasgow, Kirkintilloch, Stirling, Biggar, Edinburgh), so keep an eye out!

Lovely looking car....Your the second new 70 owner that's beaten me to a car in the last two weeks!

Even more of a shame for me as it looks in great condition. Congrats bud!

Are you possibly the guy that phoned the seller on the Thursday or Friday i was heading down to collect it? The seller mentioned a couple guys were very interested. It is lovely!

:welcome:

Beautiful looking car there Ross.

Will you be keeping it for only a year though?

I have no idea!! I have a habit of changing cars very often. :lol: My last Merc only lasted 4 months before i got bored. The MPS prior to that was 10 months, and the Passat was 5 months. With that said, ive actually made a profit on my last few cars, so im not daft and loosing money on them!

My honest plan right now would be to run the car until August, and look to get a second car as a runabout, around the £2.5k mark. That could change!!

All the best......enjoy! :teeth:

Lovely looking car....Your the second new 70 owner that's beaten me to a car in the last two weeks!

Are you possibly the guy that phoned the seller on the Thursday or Friday i was heading down to collect it? The seller mentioned a couple guys were very interested. It is lovely!

Yep that was me. He said he would phone if you didn't want it!

To start with he told me the exhaust was quiet but then I mentioned I had a 350 he opened up a bit about the decats ;)

Welcome along mate. Me and jay are both in the southside as well

Car looks immaculate. The pics taken near whitelee wind farm?

Not seen either of you around! Will keep an eye out!

That was taken up near Windy Yett. The Whitelee windfarm is the usual photo shoot location:

20130720_214258_zpsb188f6e4.jpg

Yep that was me. He said he would phone if you didn't want it!

To start with he told me the exhaust was quiet but then I mentioned I had a 350 he opened up a bit about the decats ;)

I got there around 8pm, and he had the car waiting in one of the hangers. When he fired it up, the place erupted! Haha, i couldn't believe it!

Then he kindly opened up the gates to the airfeild and took me a spin. That was one way to test drive a car! Great fun!

Have you been looking for a while? Theres not been a great deal in my price range, so i jumped on this one.

Edited by ross27
  • Like 1

Ah I am Newton mearns! I just sold my 370 so look out for bright yellow camaro lol. That's alot of miles your clocking up, you in the building game with those locations?

Very nice! I dont think i'll be able to miss that!!!

Yeah, construction. (Mechanical Contracts Manager)

I did see one Black 370z the week before i bought mine, parked up quite close to me at the entrance to Queens Park. Then last week, i seen a grey one driving down my street in the morning.

And theres also a black 350z thats fairly local to me too, think it has an exhaust or something done to it.

Edited by ross27

U can't miss the yellow camaro- I need shades when I see it lol

I'm in a white skyline now the zeds gone

The Mazda looks good there. I got the missus a black 3 sport saloon as a family wagon

Lol I knew it. I work in the oil and gas industry but also project manager in a liquid coatings company for roofs etc. same places I visit on a regular basis!

Ah I am Newton mearns! I just sold my 370 so look out for bright yellow camaro lol. That's alot of miles your clocking up, you in the building game with those locations?

Very nice! I dont think i'll be able to miss that!!!

Yeah, construction. (Mechanical Contracts Manager)

I did see one Black 370z the week before i bought mine, parked up quite close to me at the entrance to Queens Park. Then last week, i seen a grey one driving down my street in the morning.

And theres also a black 350z thats fairly local to me too, think it has an exhaust or something done to it.