Best use of space

nixy

Now I've been driving the car for a little while one of the things I've noticed is the way the storage space is organised. I'm surprised there isn't more room but then again you guys don't have to stash your handbag somewhere! Having only a single slot CD player means there's nowhere convenient to put CD's where I can reach them whilst driving as well. Also how come there isn't another storage space behind the driver's seat the same as on the passenger side?

What does everyone else use their storage space for?

I tend to travel light so apart from CDs, sunglasses and phone, I don't need space for much else. Probably best to wait for Louis's reply because he would have to have kept his handbag somewhere too :p

The space behind the drivers seat is full of sub woofer when you have the Bose.

Take the cupholder attachment out of the centre console box & that frees up a nice glovebox type space.

Keep the passenger seat slightly forward & back a little up, this allows access to big cubby hole behind seat easily.

Buy a couple of those nets that you put near both fotwells.

:D

I have the 6 cd bose so only have sunglasses, phone, charger, locking wheelnut thing and baby wipes!

I want a horizontal cargo net for the passenger footwell but they never seem to be on ebay!

I sometimes take my niece out in my car. My mum gave me baby wipes to clean her hands and face after giving her an ice cream at the beach. They cleaned her so well that I kept them in there. Baby wipes rule!

They sell similar type of net/pockets in Halfords, its a Japanese product with Jap writing on it; ps Boots have buy 1 get 1 free on baby wipes :teeth:

I might investigate the nets.

I get my wipes free from mums house! :thumbs:

A jumper Nixy. Put your handbag in the boot space infront of the strut and stick a dark jumper over it. Nobody would see it!

Alternativly, get your windows tinted for security!

Again I tend to try and travel light with the Zed :D

Given that I too don't have the cargo net, stuff slides around too easily, plus there's always the chance that stuff could smack you in the head if you have a front impact collision :scare:

You can however gets loads in the boot, as long as it's in flexible bags. Most suitcases seem to be a no-no, but I can get loads of shopping in it. You can get the cover to stop people seeing in, but that's only for half of the boot, so that's a bit of a pointless exercise really!

The lesson is - travel light!

Actually, with some effort you can get a fair bit in the spare wheel well, that's where I keep the a spare jacket, umbrella, first aid kit, torch, warning triangle, Multitools etc. Quite a lot of space really... :)

I've already got a thick net where the tonneau cover would go which you can't see through but you can still see over the bar and into the boot from outside - does the solid cover hide more?

Good idea putting your brolly in the spare tyre area!