Alloy Wheel Options

SiriusProjects

The world is your oyster then :)

How about these, different and black and gold :)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2047675.l2557

They, are pretty cool by all accounts.

The world is your oyster then :)

How about these, different and black and gold :)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2047675.l2557

They, are pretty cool by all accounts.

Nice to see Rota ripping off the euro design scene now too of course ;), but if the op wants different, i reckon those might just work :)

Nice to see Rota ripping off the euro design scene now too of course ;), but if the op wants different, i reckon those might just work :)

Rota have become their own little parody haven’t they, they seem to be regarded as a quality wheel nowadays, even though they are just cheaper copies.

I personally have no 'real' issue with them, I needed some cheap wheels and tyres for my S2000 once and bought a set of 17 Slipstreams (Spoon copies) with 452's for under 1000, they did me fine on my little amateur trackdays.

My only issue is that they're copies and like all copies all we're doing is stopping the original wheel designers making new wheels, as people just wait for the Rota copy to come out and buy that, thus putting some firms out of business.

Rota have become their own little parody haven’t they, they seem to be regarded as a quality wheel nowadays, even though they are just cheaper copies.

I personally have no 'real' issue with them, I needed some cheap wheels and tyres for my S2000 once and bought a set of 17 Slipstreams (Spoon copies) with 452's for under 1000, they did me fine on my little amateur trackdays.

My only issue is that they're copies and like all copies all we're doing is stopping the original wheel designers making new wheels, as people just wait for the Rota copy to come out and buy that, thus putting some firms out of business.

You can fault their business plan, lol and i agree with you, i have some Rotas on my work daily because like you i wanted some cheap rims, but not a chance they would go on my pride and joy :)

Edited by Jetpilot

You can fault their business plan, lol and i agree with you, i have some Rotas on my work daily because like you i wanted some cheap rims, but not a chance they would go on my pride and joy :)

Back onto P&J's, wheels for me are a big issue.

I do like the OEM forged RAYS on my 370, they look good and give me what I need, I got a GT partly due to that.

I want though, a set of Vossen's CV2's or Advan RS's.

But it's not a simple as that. For them to look how I want (need) them to look, I will need some coilovers and a lip or too, which brings it up to silly amounts of cash for what I desire.

I can just get the wheels but I won't be happy with them until it looks like I want it to look in my head, which is neither affordable or practical, lol.

:(

Rota's may be copys but the quality is good and they look awesome. At £700 + I'd not class them as cheap either. Cheap in comparison to the wheels they copy yes but who wants to pay 1500 upwards for wheels on a 6 grand car? Not me anyway thats for sure.

I'm currently on the hunt for some rims and rota grids are top of the list at the minute.

Rota's may be copys but the quality is good and they look awesome. At £700 + I'd not class them as cheap either. Cheap in comparison to the wheels they copy yes but who wants to pay 1500 upwards for wheels on a 6 grand car? Not me anyway thats for sure.

Me neither, so I didn't, I bought Rota's for my S2000.

I'd put £2000 wheels on my £18'000 car though :) .

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

BBS LM:

BBS_LM.JPG

Work VS-XX:

wheelImage.png

Work CE28N:

ce28b.jpg

Varrstoen 3.3.2:

350Z-ES3-3.3.2-19-2.jpg

Veilside Turbine:

$(KGrHqZ,!qYFDkiV!BvSBRKi9V13zw~~60_35.JPG

Mercedes SLR:

2006_mercedes-benz_slr_mclaren_wheel.jpg

Work Equip:

29010d1134002996-work-equip-offset-work-equip.jpg

Veilside Andrews:

eijtkh.jpg

Which came first out of the Work Meister, SSR Professor and Gram Light 57F? ;)

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Rota's entire range (last time I looked) are copies of other famous wheels, the brands you so lovely threw down have actually made their name with some of their own designs.

Ahhh, right, so its OK to be original initially but then you can get lazy, fair enough then. Funnily enough Rota have actually started making their own designs now anyway, GTR-D, RM100, Mesh for instance, I dont think Varrstoen do.

Dont forget the "brands" up there are all £3K+ a set rather than the grand that Rota charge ....... and they wont sell individual wheels in a lot of cases. Im the biggest wheel whore out there but I recognise Rota for what they are, cracking value, strong and light and good replacement service.

When you offer this many styles http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.php its difficult to make sure they are all unique anyway

Ahhh, right, so its OK to be original initially but then you can get lazy, fair enough then.

Yeah, wouldn't say it's oK but that sits better with me than just going out and coping everything succesful, branding it as your own and getting famous for it.

Funnily enough Rota have actually started making their own designs now anyway, GTR-D, RM100, Mesh for instance.

I didn't know that, like I said, last time I checked which might have been about 4/5 years ago.

Dont forget the "brands" up there are all £3K+ a set rather than the grand that Rota charge ....... and they wont sell individual wheels in a lot of cases. Im the biggest wheel whore out there but I recognise Rota for what they are, cracking value, strong and light and good replacement service.

I know, I bought a set.

When you offer this many styles http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.php its difficult to make sure they are all unique anyway

I'll have to take your word for that, I don't desgin wheels.

I'm currently on the hunt for some rims and rota grids are top of the list at the minute.

You get what you pay for and for the money you cant fault them, but one of the biggest things for me is you blend into obscurity with all the other 350's wearing Rota Grids, so the extra cash to get something that isnt mainstream is worth every penny and you will most likely sell them for near what you bought them for 2nd anyway as they will always be desirable because of the exclusivity (relatively speaking), so you will loose more money on a set of Rotas. :)

RM100

They are actually a copy of the old turbine wheels.

They make perfect sense though for all your other reasons, cheap, can buy individually etc etc, i wouldnt say they were light though compared to the wheels they copy, te's for example :)

Edited by Jetpilot