Titanfall

Jaz 350z

Hello all,

I am after a beta invite to Titanfall and wondered if :

a, anyone else is trying to obtain access, and would (if successful) enjoy some battles.

b, anyone has any spare codes, or secret ways to obtain them.

The trailer (found here :

) looks amazing.

Jaz

I can't understand why people are so desperate to get onto the beta of this (no offence Jaz, I meant people bidding on codes on eBay and the like) since it's only four weeks away from release. That's just round the corner.

Can't wait, should be epic :)

I can't understand why people are so desperate to get onto the beta of this (no offence Jaz, I meant people bidding on codes on eBay and the like) since it's only four weeks away from release. That's just round the corner.

I'm the same, I've signed up on that website on the off chance I'd get accepted but I won't be paying for it or even pre ordering from game.

Not sure how good that's going to be really, not overly excited about it. Still got a hard on for BF4 at the moment and new DLC out next week for PC version.

It's DLC that annoys me with games these days, and it's the way industries are going.

Not like back in the day when it was expansions, where you'd get new content, a spin off on the story or an extension etc. Some DLC I'm happy with, but BF annoys me along with COD as it's all 'Planned - DLC' I.e. they've planned to not put stuff in the game so they can sell it off at a later day.

• Like 1

Not sure how good that's going to be really, not overly excited about it. Still got a hard on for BF4 at the moment and new DLC out next week for PC version.

It's DLC that annoys me with games these days, and it's the way industries are going.

Not like back in the day when it was expansions, where you'd get new content, a spin off on the story or an extension etc. Some DLC I'm happy with, but BF annoys me along with COD as it's all 'Planned - DLC' I.e. they've planned to not put stuff in the game so they can sell it off at a later day.

I agree, I remember when you used to get Map Packs as downloadable content for free! Only when they put effort into added new storylines / features did they bother charging people and even then it wasn't full retail.

But, I can either sulk about it and refuse to pay the money or I can pay the money and enjoy myself. :p

Looks good fun, might get it for the PC, at least it will be FULL HD and cheaper :p

You make it sound like there are other platforms to play on? :stir:

there is , all with different strengths and weaknesses, some have more weaknesses than others tho :p

I'm the same, I've signed up on that website on the off chance I'd get accepted but I won't be paying for it or even pre ordering from game.

The beta has been opened up to everyone on xbox one.... I pity those that bought codes :lol: :lol:

I like it, and I hate CoD.

Definitely seems far enough away that you wouldn't even know it's made by the same people, and the Titans definitely give it a change of pace. 6v6 works well, maps are the perfect size, guns well balanced too.

I'd never buy it though, as there's nothing else but MP and that's not for me. For a free 20 min blast over a weekend, it's been a hoot. :)

I've got the beta, but I didn't need a code or anything? :S it was just in the games section ready to download and install for me.

I enjoy playing it, I just hope there's a lot more guns/maps when the full game comes out else I can see it getting boring very quick!

My XBone gamer tag is: iRocky v28 if anyone fancies a blast!

I think its brilliant...

COD and BF4 are very different games in my opinion. They both require you to be slow, steady and cautious to get a good score. Whereas TitanFall appears to reward a player for running into battle like a war crazed mad man, much like Halo (earlier versions).

Getting the hang of wall running was a bit difficult, but its a lot of fun running up a wall while in the middle of a battle.

Titans are great at distracting the enemies while you lurk behind them shooting people.

But the best thing, is the addition of "grunts" and "spectres." they make the game feel more crowded than it is, without the choas of a larger game with only human players.

I dont think that it is as amazing as people were claiming, but I can see it being a real competitor to the more serious games such as BF4 and COD.

It is undeniably, more frantic, and therefore, imo, more fun.

• Like 1

For me, the king of the MP FPS is Halo (3) and I tend to compare all other MP FPS's to that.

That said, I still have room for other MP FPS's I'll play them and love them but I always tend to mark things against Halo.

This won't replace Halo but I'll certainly play it and love it for a long time I feel. Much like Gears of War.

I prefer it to BF and CoD has always been too run and gun for me and has never captured me on any platform.

As said by ^^Jaz^^, like Forza has changed driving games with it's Drivatars I think Titanfall will with it's Grunts and Spectres will change the MP battlefields for the better.

It just makes it more frantic and like you have more of an effect on the map, not so much the match maybe but the map at least. It also makes the encounters with real players more special and seemingly more pivotal.

The way that the dev's incorporate them into the game to have an effect on the battle is great too, so all in all, they win and I feel will be around in this generation for a while, the next big game to use similar bots is Destiny.

I will also point out at this point that I was concerned about the bots in Titanfall and something I thought there was absolutely no need for, well, it works :) .

I can talk about this game for ever as you can see and about the points in it that I think Respawn have nailed and the points that games like CoD have stopped them developing because of the franchise they were strapped too.

If you have an Xbox One I suggest getting this a lot, it's going to be a big game and a game I think you'll be missing out on if you don't.

Edited by Suits