BGW! (Big Gay Wing)

KyleR

No one on this forum likes Pop Bangs and Flames, This picture needs to be banned :lol::stir:No, I like it :lol:

Guess what I'd like to know is,

A: From that picture, can legs be vertical? Parallel.? Yep, that's just to fit the contours of the boot

B: Are the leg width Adjustable? Don't know :)

C: Can we do DIY to move the legs? I.e. Drill new holes? Wouldn't know how to do it properly, but I guess it MIGHT be possible, maybe not safe though

Answers in red :lol:

• Like 1

No one on this forum likes Pop Bangs and Flames, This picture needs to be banned :lol::stir:No, I like it :lol:

Guess what I'd like to know is,

A: From that picture, can legs be vertical? Parallel.? Yep, that's just to fit the contours of the boot

B: Are the leg width Adjustable? Don't know :)

C: Can we do DIY to move the legs? I.e. Drill new holes? Wouldn't know how to do it properly, but I guess it MIGHT be possible, maybe not safe though

Answers in red :lol:

Well we will soon find out :p I love flames ;) But 1st rule of 350z club, don't talk about flames!

I've got some contacts at Japspeed, I'll see what I can do.... gulp

This is on the back of a friends car, I'd say the legs aren't too close together?

302706_448112401913559_428872059_n.jpg

Edit: flammoooooo

For me they are too close and the wing is about 6" too high.

I think we're all looking for something a little different from one another, so we need a middle ground.

• Like 1

Japspeed were very friendly and prompt with there reply :) - May be of some use to others, but I'm fussy with the leg span :lol:

Thanks for your message/link to the thread on the 350z forum. Having read all 9 pages it looks like many of you have been searching ‘high and low’ for the perfect wing for the Z.

In regards to your email enquiry, I have copied & pasted your questions and included the answers below:

A: - Can the leg width be adjusted? The majority of the forum want the legs to pretty much sit either side of the boot lid, not too centred.

The answer to this is no. The wings are manufactured with the bolt holes situated in set places. The actual legs sit approx 915mm apart.

B: - If not ^^ Is this something that can be DIY’d? Possibility of drilling the holes our self?

I personally wouldn’t like to…. the wings have a pre tapped hole which is built into the wing to provide a secure fastening.

C: - Seeing some mixed images, are the legs parallel? Some legs seem to stance like / \ some I’ve seen are | | was hoping for the 2nd option.

The way in to which we mount these to our vehicles is with the legs in the straight up position | | .

However many do mount the feet ( mounting points ) further apart giving the legs a slight inward or outward look as per you clever illustrations / \

D: - Is there a group buy we could arrange?

We could of course be willing to offer you guys a deal. The deal would be a reduced price of £299 + £10.95 delivery to mainland UK,

same as we do with members of some other forums we trade on.

Sales to members overseas would require an extra shipping cost and I would ask that we be contacted to provide them with a quote.

E: - Are they in stock?

They are indeed in stock and ready to be dispatched for next working day delivery. J

I hope that my reply answers all you need to know. Should you require any more info then don’t hesitate to get in touch.

also if there are any other Japspeed products that your forum members perhaps may be interested in then let me know and I am sure we can work together to come up with a deal for you to offer the members. J

Regards

Paul Mott

Drift Work Height, with wider arms?

I've contacted DW as well

Yes, in my opinion, the DW version is better looking. Size and height are both better. If they could space the legs to about 100-110cm apart it'd be great.

• Like 1

DW Reply -

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the email, to answer your questions:

A) No

B) No

C) It depends where you drill the mount holes, the brackets can be flexed or straight - so it's your choice.

D) No, we don't do group buys

E) Not at the moment, usual a stock item but you've caught us at a bad time, they're due in first week of April.

If you need to know any more please ask,

Thanks, Kam.

Sales Team

dw_logo.png

Phone: +44 (0)845 869 2555

Fax: +44 (0)845 127 4019

Opening Hours Monday-Thursday 9am-5:30pm, Friday 9am-4:30pm GMT

Add us to your circles on Google+

On 25 February 2014 11:53, Matt <matt.grundy@radian.co.uk> wrote:

DW Contact - General Enquiry

Morning,

We currently have a big discussion on wings for our cars, and yours has cropped up a couple of times.

I've also been in contact with Jap Speed and a few other companies. Your Carbon wing is the perfect height but the legs are an issue for us.

I’m currently a 350z owner on the 350z-uk.com forum. And we have a huge thread going trying to find the right Wing for our cars.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81420-bgw-big-gay-wing/

Our ideal Wing would be found in the USA for $600 but with shipping and import duty, it’s around £1000-£1500.

Our Budget is £500ish.

Your wing almost ticks all the boxes for me, however I’m quite fussy, so I have a few questions…

A: - Can the leg width be adjusted? The majority of the forum want the legs to pretty much sit either side of the boot lid, not too centred.

B: - If not ^^ Is this something that can be DIY’d? Possibility of drilling the holes our self?

C: - Seeing some mixed images, are the legs parallel? Some legs seem to stance like / some I’ve seen are | | was hoping for the 2nd option.

D: - Is there a group buy we could arrange?

E: - Are they in stock?

Thanks for reading.

Have to say Japspeed are winning on the Customer Service front :lol:

I don't like the idea if drilling and mounting the legs on our own, carbon fibre isn't the easiest to work with and can end in tears very easily.

For me so far the DW is winning. It's annoying they won't give discount, but still the same price as JS and better looking in my opinion.

What about showofimports that tarMac mentioned?

Im in for a japspeed wing. May look into custom legs/mount.

From there reply, contact him Paul Mott <sales@japspeed.co.uk> and mention the 350z forum. :thumbs:

Does anyone know a Fibreglassing expert? As I have an idea to solve all this :lol: I've got someone who can make brackets to our desire....I've got the template for the wing, just need to find someone to make the wing....

Sending Showofimports a message now, does anyone have the dimensions for the rear etc? As there are quite a few similar designs on there site. Easier for them to help us with the dimensions of our car and what we are after.

Just ask about the Megan's one. I looked at the others and they're all tiny.

Messaged them -

Afternoon, currently a 350z owner in search of a Wing for my car. I'm from the club owners forum 350z-uk and we have a massive thread going on about which wings to purchase and where from.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81420-bgw-big-gay-wing/

We are all quite fussy, but we have all agreed that the ones in the USA are perfect, but the shipping and import duty is ridiculous, our budget is around £500ish.

There is quite a large demand for these but we lack the right source to buy them from.

Someone pointed us in your direction where we have seen a couple of Universal Carbon Wings which seem to suit our needs.

Megan drawing a lot of attention.

Are the brackets on the Wing adjustable in width? I.e. can the brackets be spaced out more?

And if we were to get a large group order say 5-10 is this something that could interest a group buy discount? There are lots of people here who would be very interested in products from yourselfs and I must admit this is one site I've not come across before, so hopefully we can work something out and spread the word of your selfs with the other 350z owners.

Thanks

Matt

The world will see this thread soon enough :lol:

If just contacted the suppliers in China to see how much it would cost to get shipped here. It's a 160cm wing, wide legs and options of 7", 10" or 12" legs. :thumbs:

Good man

Do a FACEBOOK advert for it, pay FACEBOOK to send it to all car parts suppliers and see what happens :lol:

A - I would need Facecrap and B - I think we have already contacted everyone between us :lol:

This is a brillaint effort fair play for messaging everyone!

I dont mind the japspee one but want to see it properly still first

I really am starting to like the look of the driftworks one though just because of that video but he could of changed the legs maybe who knows

I say get japspeed to trial there one on grundys car and we can all see :-)

Well I like these guys :) They even sent pictures!

Hello Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this, we appreciate you finding us since we are an official Megan Racing distributor.

We have many spoilers in our range of products from very affordable ones to the more exclusive ones from Seibon Carbon for example. Of course there is not only a difference in price but also in quality and finish. We run a carbon fiber wing on our own Honda Integra DC5 Time Attack car and this is a spoiler that is currently being used by a number of cars competing in the Dutch Time Attack Series. I have added some pictures for your reference. I hope that helps. The spoiler in those photos is from Megan Racing, we have already nicknamed it the Time Attack wing J

207060 - Universal MD62 Drift Style Carbon Spoiler Megan Racing - € 525,00

Normal price in Euro is € 525,- incl. VAT ex shipping. I would be willing to see what we can do with that price when a group-buy is arranged and there is sufficient demand for it. We don’t stock a whole lot of these but I think I can have some air shipped in and still be able to offer you a good deal on them. I am checking that as we speak and after that I will be able to offer you some prices.

Shipping from our warehouse to a UK location will cost € 32,50 per piece.

The brackets on carbon spoilers fit onto pre-drilled holes and the brackets fits snugly on a preshaped part of the underside of the wing. So I am afraid that spacing them out more is out of the question.

However we also are the official distributors for Seibon Carbon and they very recently released an extra wide wing specifically because customers have been asking for one. Problem is that the pricing almost doubles compared to Megan Racing.

s14_zps245d30cc.jpg

rx7_zpsa928b59f.jpg

dc5_track_zpscb8d0b3e.jpg

impreza_zps8148d181.jpg

I like this a lot - It ticks all my boxes...

• Like 1