Widebody Moonbeam 370z GT with 2015 Nismo Front End (p17)

oldbonesmcgee

Nissan paid for everything couldn't be happier :D Bumper has also arrived a week early...didn't fit in my Lexus tho so I'll need to pick it up another day :(

While I was there I noticed your car was there Kev!

Ye, Im offshore. My dad dropped it off yesterday. Brakes have been squeeling link a mother since I got it so in getting looked at. Probably just needing a bit of greasing. Private reg is getting stuck on too

Ah...mine is needing new brakes too, I've got a warped disc on the front. The private reg was on when I saw it ;) as was the moustache haha.

What did you drive before the 370?

How'd the reg look? :D

I had a big Jeep Compass 2.2l CRD. Slightly different to the Zed. Lol

Ah...mine is needing new brakes too, I've got a warped disc on the front. The private reg was on when I saw it ;) as was the moustache haha.

Reg looks awesome! If you are interested, I don't think my US size plate holder will fit the Nismo Bumper, so if you were interested it would save you the hassle of importing one, then all you need is a cut down front plate. Its the classy way to run a smaller front plate ;)

IMG_7800_zps7991ca0a.jpg

As in front bumper arrived from 2015 nismo? That will look ace!

Yeah, I am getting it picked up today so I'll be measuring up various bits and bobs and then getting it off to the paint guy :D

Reg looks awesome! If you are interested, I don't think my US size plate holder will fit the Nismo Bumper, so if you were interested it would save you the hassle of importing one, then all you need is a cut down front plate. Its the classy way to run a smaller front plate ;)

Ace buddy. My dad collected the car yesterday. They said it was some guard rubbing that was causing the squeeling. Will look into the reg thing. Just hoping a smaller reg hides the holes they drilled in.

Well tomorrow night I'll be able to check if the US plate holder fits..... because this sucker arrived...

IMAG1405_zps08bf02bd.jpg

It will probably suit the car better than the lounge, theres also about £70-£80 worth of extra crap you have to buy, tow eye cover, grills, finishers, fender extenders etc.

But progress has been made :D

• Like 3

I'm not personally a fan of the later version of the Nismo bumper but I'll be very interested to see how the install goes. Look forward to reading your updates :). Presumably you need to buy the LED lights too?

Edited by sipar69

I'm actually not a huge fan of the Nismo as a car, but I think thats because it sits too high and I don't like the wheels. I think this bumper on a lowered car with the right wheels will look good, here's hoping anyway :D

The LEDs are £600 per side. So to save myself £1200 I'm going to fab up some Porsche style ones myself. We'll see how it goes haha, I've done custom headlight work before so this should be easy enough

2015_Porsche_Cayman_GTS_3835981.jpg

I'm hoping to achieve the solid bar of light look, and keep it looking as classy as possible.

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 1

cool! i think the front Nismo bumper will look better if its not painted like the OEM one with the red accents. Think the overall shape of the front bumper looks great and it should look tidy when its all done!

Yeah, the red bits actually come from Nissan red but I will be wrapping them black or carbon (not a fan of fake carbon though). It should give it a more stealthy look.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wondering, do you know whether or not the side skirts from the 2015 Nismo will be a straight replacement for the one's on a 2010 GT model? Thought you'd be the best person to ask assuming you've already done some research into fitting Nismo parts to a regularone!

P.s. where's the bumper update?? ;)

Just wondering, do you know whether or not the side skirts from the 2015 Nismo will be a straight replacement for the one's on a 2010 GT model? Thought you'd be the best person to ask assuming you've already done some research into fitting Nismo parts to a regularone!

P.s. where's the bumper update?? ;)

There is a set of 2015 side skirts on eBay if ur thinking about it..