Widebody Moonbeam 370z GT with 2015 Nismo Front End (p17)

oldbonesmcgee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just fitted test pipes....big mistake...just a note for those of a civilized disposition, short tails and test pipes are TOO LOUD! The test pipes were a pain in the butt to fit as well so as a temporary fix I'm going to put the standard back box on until I can get a full exhaust system to quieten it down (not something I thought I'd ever say haha).

However I'll hopefully have a big update for y'all in a week or two ;)

• 3 weeks later...

http://vid742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/oldbonesmcgee/VIDEO0012_zpscuu5ndgd.mp4

First start after fitting them

Great pics. Recognized Aberdeen there. You from Aberdeen mate? Im picking up my 370Z next week. Cannot wait. Its a 2013 with the GT pack. I'm an Aberdeen loon myself

Yeah I'm in Aberdeen, that's good to hear I'm sure you'll love it! What colour you getting?

I can't believe you even tried test pipes with the short tails!

Well I thought (at a young loon of 23) there was no such thing as too loud....I guess I'm used to smaller engined cars that only make so much noise even with a straight pipe. No matter, now to find a new solution because its too quiet with the standard back box on again.

• Like 2

No way!!! That is the exact one I test drove before getting mine!! I even have a picture of it from when I took the test drive!

https://www.dropbox....01 11.14.08.jpg

Your car is responsible for me falling in love with the 370s haha!

Haha. Hope it was good. Not even driven it myself yet.

Is that the BoD garage? It's currently up in Altens.

Earlier in the thread you were looking for a double up photo shoot. Happy to assist once I get my motor. You can give me some mod pointers too :teeth:

Do you have a link for the place you got your reg from. I have a private plate. Been looking for a short one for a while.

Cheers

Edited by kevykat

I got my plates from Demon Plates. Gave them a call spoke to Chris and asked for them to be cut as small as legally possible, which gives them an 11mm border all the way round. I bought the US plate holder from the american ebay and it was £60 including postage.

Double photo shoot sounds like a plan!

And yeah it was awesome, don't worry I drove it gently the salesman was in the car at the time! haha

Cheers

Dan

Luckily the guy who does the wrap stays 5 mins from me in BoD.

https://m.facebook.com/CustomisedCoatings

Will be swapping out interior lights for LED's. Foot well lighting possibly. Bought a nexus 7 that I want to mount somewhere. Has a 4G contract so I can download music or stream internet radio. Its been an expensive trip offshore.

Thats the guy that did mine! 1st class work!

Mounting a nexus 7 somewhere that won't get in the way will be an issue haha but the bluetooth audio would allow you to use the next/previous steering wheel/radio controls.

I considered footwell lighting, I have done this on every other car I have owned but I have always had other stuff I wanted to do first on this one.

• Like 1

Good to hear that the guy is good.

I was hoping to mount it in front of the stereo some how. As I wouldn't need to use the stereo when I'm using the tablet connected to Bluetooth. Will see what's best when I actually get the car. Next weekend will be a busy one.

Do you have a link for the plate holder? I sent demon plates an email. Hopefully I will get my plate document through within the next couple if weeks.

Edited by kevykat

This is the one I bought. The picture is generic and it doesn't look like that, its actually the perfect size for my plate which is 5 characters with an 11mm border.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Nissan-370Z-2009-2014-Front-License-Plate-Bracket-Non-NISMO-/151247153581?hash=item23370869ad&vxp=mtr

I might have my exhaust up for sale depending on what I do, if you're interested you're welcome to test it before you buy, it doesn't take long to fit :)

This is the one I bought. The picture is generic and it doesn't look like that, its actually the perfect size for my plate which is 5 characters with an 11mm border.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Nissan-370Z-2009-2014-Front-License-Plate-Bracket-Non-NISMO-/151247153581?hash=item23370869ad&vxp=mtr

I might have my exhaust up for sale depending on what I do, if you're interested you're welcome to test it before you buy, it doesn't take long to fit :)

Tempting :rolleyes:

not sure how it will effect my warranty though :p

Tempting :rolleyes:

not sure how it will effect my warranty though :p